Sunday 18 April 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18-4-2021: If It Please The Court … ?


18th April, 2021.


It’s officially the case: it’s Sunday … 

Which you’ve possibly worked out, by looking at the calendar.

At any rate, I’m expecting a quiet day, today.

Well … with the exception of maybe going for a walk … and waiting for a delivery.

Yes: the most exciting thing I’m expecting, today … ?

Is lightbulbs … !

~≈💡≈~

Just in case you didn’t know … ?

I’ve got a few blu-ray box sets, recently: including the twelfth season of classic Dr Who

I have to admit, I enjoyed the extras in the eighth season set: including the Behind the Sofa watch-alongs.

Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton — Tegan and Nyssa, for those in the know — were especially pithy.

At any rate?

The one for Ark in Space?

The Dynamic Duo are joined are by Louise Jameson: Leela!


Which could be fun!

On top of that?

Joining Tom Baker and producer, Phillip Hinchcliffe on the sofa, is a young actress called Sadie Miller.

In case she looks vaguely familiar?

She takes after her mother … 


~≈⏳≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Trevor‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Debbi and Trevor scoring ten out of ten, Mum on nine and Edith on six.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        The International Court of Justice held its first meeting: on the 18th April of which year of the 1940s?

Q2)        In which Dutch city: Rotterdam, Amsterdam or the Hague?

Q3)        It’s one of six principle organisations of the United Nations.   Name any one of the other five.

Q4)        How many judges are on Court’s panel: five, ten or fifteen?

Q5)        Finally?   The court is also known as the what court: the World court, Earth court or Human Court?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Seventeen is an odd number.   Is it also a prime number?
A1)        Yes.

Q2)        What’s seventeen: in Roman numerals?
A2)        xxvii: it’s also stylised as XVII.

Q3)        17 is the ‘least random number,’ according to a study by whom: MIT, Kings College Cambridge, or Johns Hopkins University?
A3)        MIT.   Apparently, and according to various studies, when asked for a random number between 1 and 20, many people pick the number 17.

Q4)        There are a maximum of seventeen strokes in a radical.   A radical is a glyph in which language: Chinese, Japanese or Urdu?
A4)        Chinese.

Q5)        A haiku is a poem with seventeen syllables.   A poem from where: China, Japan or India?
A5)        Japan.

Q6)        Just Seventeen was a girl’s magazine.   A girls magazine published in which country: the UK, US or UAE?
A6)        The UK.

Q7)        Number Seventeen was a 1932 film directed by whom: Alfred Hitchcock, Andrei Tarkovski or Steven Spielberg?
A7)        Alfred Hitchcock.

Q8)        The N17 road goes from Sligo to Galway.   In other words, it’s where: the UK, the Republic of Ireland or France?
A8)        The Republic of Ireland.

Q9)        Seventeen is the atomic number of which chemical element: Fluorine, Chlorine or Bromine?
A9)        Chlorine.

Q10)        Finally … ?   The17 are a what: choir, painting workshop or motor-racing team?
A10)        A choir.   (The group was founded by Bill Drummond of the KLF.)
Here’s a thought … 
“The International Court of Justice established by the Charter of the United Nations as the principal judicial organ of the United Nations shall be constituted and shall function in accordance with the provisions of the present Statute.”
From the Statute of the International Court of Justice, the court’s founding document.
And a judicial playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Good luck with that, Olga: I hope it helps!   Did I mention I, Mum, and my sisters went out for a meal, last night, at a little place in Chelmsford?   The burgers were nice … and the sunset on the way home, were amazing!


†        Hello, Mum!   (What was that pub-restaurant called, the Fox and Goose?)

‡        We WERE planning on sending out a search party, Trevor!   Actually?   I think Edith may have put in a Friend request, on FB.   Now … where do I know Ian Carmichael from … ?
(Oh … you MIGHT be able to stream from your phone to a smart TV.   If you get a Chromecast dongle, you’ll be able to stream your phone to that: Mum’s been using hers, since I got one for the family a couple Christmas ago … )

^        Nick and Nora Charles, Debbi?   I’m going to have to look them up.   Was there a US version of the UK game show?   The one that ended in the 1990s?   The Wikipedia entry doesn’t say … !   Oh, wait … this Nick and Nora … ?!   Now, where did Sidney Sheldon get Hart to Hart … ?

ª        I have a confession, Edith: I loved them!   I’ve had their first album for years!   Oh, I don’t know if you’ve seen the trailer for Army of the Dead — I don’t know if it would be up your street — but it uses Kenny Rogers’ The Gambler as background music: I can’t hear a country tune without thinking “Edith’ll like that!”   I hope you do, any way.

6 comments:

Nik Nak said...

Oh, wait, Busman’s Honeymoon … !

Debbi, I swear, I’ll learn to read … !

trev-v said...

A1 1946
A2 The Hague
A3 UN General Assemble , UN Security Council
A4 15
A5 The World Court


I have no need of streaming services from my phone. My TV is connected to my Broadband via my TalkTalk TV box , the electric circuitry of my house and the always on Modem. I have all the play-back systems on the box and I take some bits of Sky via TalkTalk and so can watch soccer matches. As part of my Amazon Prime account I am able to play Amazon programs on the telly. I have never ben a great movie fan but enjoy good documentaries. If I opened an account I could use Net-flicks there too.

Olga said...

Q1) 1946

Q2) The Hague

Q3) The United Nations Security Council

Q4) Fifteen

Q5) The World Court
Lovely photo! I catch your pics occasionally on Instagram. It's my mother's birthday next week (this coming Wednesday) and mine is coming up soon as well, so I'm wondering about going out for a meal somewhere, although she's only having her second dose of the vaccine this week (yes, it's a birthday present), and we've invited my cousin and his little daughter to come home for a meal... We shall see. (Oh, about the bookshelf... I do have one in my room, although the whole house is full of books, even though recently most of my books are ebooks), but the room is so small that it's impossible to take a reasonable picture of it. But, I can tell you my Baby Yoda is guarding it.

Freda said...

1 1945
2 the Hague
3 Freedom for all
4 10

5 World Court
pub is the Fox And GOOSE, ALSO KNOWN AS THE BAKE HOUSE, AS THE bAKERY IS NEXT DOOR

Debbi said...

That's okay. I almost wrote Busman's Holiday, too! :)

1. 1945
2. the Hague
3. the General Assembly
4. fifteen
5. the World Court

Unknown said...

11944
2. Amsterdam
3.Security
4. 10
5. World Court

Hi Paul. I do like country music. I enjoy the depth of the songs. I am glad that you L like Frankie Goes to Hollywood so much.