Monday 19 April 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19-4-2021: Salyut 1

19th April, 2021.


Did I mention I’ve got things … ?

For sale?

I’ve got things for sale: very specifically, an internal hard-drive and an optical drive.

Both of which are on sale on Facebook market place.

I’ve heard nothing about the blu-ray drive … but had a message about the hard drive.

Here’s hoping it sells.

~≈🖥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Trevor and Olga scoring five out of five, Debbi on four and Mum and Edith on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        Salyut 1 was launched fifty years ago, today.   In other words, on 19th April of which year?

Q2)        It was the world’s first what: space station, TV satellite or lunar probe?

Q3)        According to one Wikipedia entry, salyut means salute.   According to that same article, and Google Translate, salyut means what: rocket, firework or bomb?

Q4)        Salyut was launched by the USSR’s what: army, navy or space programme?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Salyut’s mission ended in which year?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The International Court of Justice held its first meeting: on the 18th April of which year of the 1940s?
A1)        1946.

Q2)        In which Dutch city: Rotterdam, Amsterdam or the Hague?
A2)        The Hague.

Q3)        It’s one of six principle organisations of the United Nations.   Name any one of the other five.

Q4)        How many judges are on Court’s panel: five, ten or fifteen?
A4)        15.   (They’re elected to office for a nine years term: with five of them being elected every three years.)

Q5)        Finally?   The court is also known as the what court: the World court, Earth court or Human Court?
A5)        The World Court.
Here’s a thought … 
“Salyut 1 (Russian: Салют-1) was the first space station launched into low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on April 19 …”.
From the Wikipedia entry on the Salyut 1.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.







*        Yes, I know that much Trevor.   But you DO know you can stream over any photos you’ve taken with your phone — and audio or video you’ve recorded — to your TV … ?   I can see that being useful, at some point … 

†        Oooh!   Wish your Mum Happy Birthday, for me, please, Olga: and have a good one, yourself, in case I miss it!   Enjoy the meal!
Now … it’s funny you mentioned Grogu … 



‡        Cheers, Mum!

^        Ah HA!   Great minds think alike, Debbi!   Oh, did I mention the Classic Dr Who boxsets I’ve got hold of?   The extras are great.

ª        I grew up on them, Edith!   Sometimes, it’s hard not to think well of something like that.   Now I think of it, some of John Denver’s work was popular when I was a kid!   (I was a big fan of Julian May’s Galactic Milieu trilogy: one of the characters is supposed to look like John Denver)

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1971

Q2) Space station

Q3) Firework

Q4) Space programme

Q5) Same year, 1971.
I will do! We might wait until after both birthdays, to make sure she's fully protected at least, and the weather might be good enough to eat outside anyway. Great pic! And good luck selling your stuff!

trev-v said...

A1 1971
A2 space station
A3 firework
A4 space programme
A5 If you mean Salyut 1 the answer is 1971. If you mean the Salyut program then Salyut 7 re-entered Earth’s Atmosphere on 7 February 1991.


If you have lost a Tea-cosy I think I saw it when watching the snooker last night. It was on top of Neil Robertson’s head.


Freda said...

1 1971
2Space Station
3 Rocket
4 Space Programme
5 1971

Edith said...

Dear Paul,

I seem to have accidentally offended you. Let me clarify. I have only heard one or two of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's songs. I like what I heard. But my father was very strict about music. And sometimes the memories of his behavior make me cry. Yesterday was one of those times. I was trying to hold back the tears and submit my entry. It is just one of those things that happen in life. But now he is dead and I can listen to what I want. Found a live 2004 recording of the song "Welcome to the Pleasure Dome." I thought it was a wonderful performance.

1. 1951
2. Space Starion
3. Rocket
4. Space Program
5. 1986

Debbi said...

I believe you've mentioned them. Sounds cool!

1. 1971
2. space station
3. firework
4. space programme
5. 1971