Monday 12 April 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12th April, 2021.

12th April, 2021.


Yes: it’s officially the case I am knackered.

But?

That’s what happened when you are up late, finishing of a written and video review of Once Were Warriors.


Which, many years after I first saw it?

Is still a fantastic film.

~≈📽≈~

Stewing, you ask … ?

Well, yes.

I’ve got a new external hard drive to use: as my back up drive.

So the stewing that’s happening at the moment?


Is me, wiping an external drive as securely as possible.

~≈👨🏻‍💻≈~

Just as a pair of final thought … ?

We’re due to see non-essentials shops re-open, today.

Hopefully?

I’ll be able to find an open barbers.

I really need a haircut.

Which may help the hair: but not the earworm!

Argh!


~≈💈≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Debbi‡ and Edith^ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi, scoring five out of five, Edith on three and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        12th April, 1971, saw the birth of Shannen Doherty.   She played Prue Halliwell in which series: Little House on the Prairie, Beverly Hills 90210 or Charmed?

Q2)        Herbie Hancock was born on 12th April, 1940.   He plays what: trombone, keyboards or drums?   (There’s a clue in today’s music video.)

Q3)        12th April is the feast day of Saint Zeno of Verona.   Verona is in which European country: Spain, Italy or France?

Q4)        12th April is Cosmonautics Day, in Russia: celebrating the first human space flight.   Who made that flight: Yuri Gagarin, Alexei Leonov or Valentina Tereshkova?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Today is Halifax Day. Where: North Carolina, South Carolina or Nova Scotia?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Stone of Scone was found at Arbroath Abbey: on 11th April, 1951.   It had been stolen from where: Westminster Abbey, Westminster Cathedral or Saint Paul’s Cathedral?
A1)        Westminster Abbey.

Q2)        Apple’s Apple 1 computer was released: on 11th April, 1976.   What did Apple co-founder, Steve Jobs, have to sell, to finance the thing: his scientific calculator, his VW microbus or his phone phreaking kit?
A2)        His VW Microbus.   (Steve Wozniak, the other well known Apple co-founder, sold his calculator: which would’ve been on a pair with selling your laptop.   The pair’s first commercial venture was selling black boxes: kit that let you make phone calls for free.)

Q3)        11th April, 1722, saw the birth of Christopher Smart.   He’s best remembered as a very obscure what: poet, chemist or dancer?
A3)        A poet.

Q4)        Joel Gray was born on 11th April, 1932.   Who did he play in the 2003 Broadway version of Wicked?

A4)        The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Q5)        Finally … ?   11th April, 1854, saw the birth of cricketer, Hugh Massey.   He was part of the Australian side that won the first what: Ashes, World Cup or the Australia Cup?
A5)        The Ashes.
Here’s a thought … 
“I’ve made up stuff that’s turned out to be real, that’s the spooky part.”
Tom Clancy, April 12, 1947 – October 1, 2013.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Cheers for the tip, Olga, I managed to get both questions corrected!   And yes: the Apple 1 still goes for a good price.   The last I heard, they go for six figures!   (And they’re a bit like Munch’s The Scream: there’s four copies of that, and they’re all tracked!)
Trust, Dave Gorman’s well worth checking out: his Important Astrology Experiment has fun!

†        Hello, Mum!

‡        Ye, GODS!   You don’t want Steve McQueen going down that in a hurry, Debbi!
Yep: Jobs sold his microbus.   The real tough call was made by Steve Wozniak: he sold his scientific calculator.   For an engineer, that’s like selling a high end laptop, these days!
(I know what you mean about buses, Debbi.   Hmmm … there’s one near me that’s next to a hair dresser … )

^        I’ll have to give it a listen, Edith: have the time I’m in too much of a rush to really appreciate them.   I grew up on Herbie Hancock’s Rocket, though.   The video is … unique!
We’ll have to see if we can find Trevor: he seems to have gone missing!   Oh, that’s a thought: I think I’ve found too of you … !

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Charmed

Q2) Keyboards

Q3) Italy

Q4) Yuri Gagarin

Q5) North Carolina
I am quite keen on programmes about antiques, collectibles, pawn shops... And sometimes tiny things or details can make such a big difference on the price some things fetch.
Good luck with the barbers. I remember there was quite a queue to get into hairdressers here when they first opened, and you had to book in advance, so it was a bit of a process (and wearing the mask...). After the first strict lockdown they haven't locked hairdressers and barbers here again (I guess they've decided there were necessary for the mental health of the citizenship. Lord knows?), so it hasn't been such an issue, but still...

Freda said...

1 Beverly Hills 90210
2 Keyboards
3 Italy
4 Yuri Gagarin
5 Nova Scotia

Debbi said...

Monday, I tell ya. I'm feeling a bit knackered myself. *yawn*

Ah, yes, the Crookedest Street in the World!

I take it you've seen Bullitt?

1. Charmed
2. keyboards
3. Italy
4. Yuri Gagarin
5. Nova Scotia

Edith said...

1.Charmed
2. Keyboards
3. Spain
4. Yuri Gagarin
5. Nova Scotia

That is okay Paul. I didn't realize there were 2 of me on Twitter. I looked up Trever birdsong. I had forgotten that Birdsong can also be the last name of someone. I hope Trevor is alright.

L grew up listening to different kinds of music. I was more into lyrics, but I did hear some of Herbie Handcok's work.