Thursday 23 September 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23-9-2021: Nep’s Tune

23rd September, 2021.


Right … 

It’s officially pay day: or, at least, the day my benefits go through.

And, frankly?   The last full month of the £20 uplift to my Universal Credit.

That’s due to end on the 30th September.

I suspect I — like everyone else I know who’s ion the benefit? — will be hoping that the government will decide to make the thing permanent: at the last minute.

I should coco … 

~≈£≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        The night of 23rd September saw Johann Gottfried Galle make the first observations of Neptune.   In which year of the 1840s?

Q2)        The observations were made at an observatory, where: France, Germany or the UK … ?

Q3)        Neptune’s orbit was predicted by Urbain Le Verrier.   After he saw irregularities in the orbit of which planet: Jupiter, Saturn or Uranus?

Q4)        Neptune’s largest moon was discovered non-long after Neptune, itself.   What’s that moon called: Triton, Proteus or Larissa?

Q5)        Neptune’s which planet from the Sun: sixth, seventh or eighth?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        22nd September, 2021, is this year’s Autumnal Equinox.   In other words, day and night are of roughly equal … what?
A1)        Length.

Q2)        According to the online Encyclopaedia Britannica, on an Equinox, the sun will be above what: the Tropic of Cancer, the Tropic of Capricorn or the Equator?
A2)        The Equator.

Q3)        The word, equinox, comes from the word aequinoctium.   Aequinoctium* comes from which ancient language: Latin, Hebrew or Greek?
A3)        Latin.

Q4)        Which festival is marked in the UK, on the nearest Sunday with a full moon to the Autumn Equinox: Christmas, Easter or the Harvest Festival?
A4)        The Harvest Festival.

Q5)        Finally … ?   If you’re marking Shūbun no hi, you celebrating the Autumn Equinox, where: China, Japan or Vietnam?
A5)        Japan.
Here’s a thought … 
“In the Solar System, it is the fourth-largest planet by diameter, the third-most-massive planet, and the densest giant planet.”
From the Wikipedia entry on Neptune.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Did you ever get a series call Battle of The Planets, Olga?   That was the first big Japanese cartoon that did well, over here.   Mind you, it was heavily edited for the UK and US.   The Japanese original was a little more adult than the version we got.
        Wish I could help, there, Olga: but I’ve been using the freebie Blogger for years.   If you can let me know the links, if, as and when?   That way, I can update the sidebar.

        I never knew, Trevor!   I take it they helped … ?

        Hello, Mum!

^        Thought you might have done, Debbi!   (Some musicians are incredibly tough.   How Ozzy’s still standing, I don’t know!)

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1846

Q2) Germany

Q3) Uranus

Q4) Triton

Q5) 8th
I remember Battle of the Planet. I was a fan of Mazinger Z. I saw a recent movie as well. It was a bit weird, but hey...
I have tried going back to one of the backups before the problems started, but it hasn't achieved anything. I've searched the error logs, but I don't understand what they mean, and checking online, some of the suggestions are very complicated. I haven't got a reply from the hosting service yet, but I've seen they mention yesterday was a bank holiday, so I will give it until next week to see if I get any joy. I have a post programmed for next Tuesday, and I assume it will got out as programmed. The next one I've already programmed on www.olganm.wordpress.com, but I'll keep you updated. (I will try and make sure the free website's pages are up-to-date. The only problem is that they have implemented already the block editor, and I'm not sure if I'll just be able to cut and paste the whole thing, but we shall see).
I hope the money thing is solved, but...
Here, between the rain, the floods, the volcano, and the recent fires, one wonders what will be next. I was supposed to cover a bit of news for the radio this morning (a temporary walk-in vaccination point they were organizing this morning), but they had to cancel due to the heavy rain.
Stay well.

trev-v said...

A1 1846
A2 Germany
A3 Uranus
A4 Triton
A5 Eighth

It was the reason that I retired early. I have had to use some of the techniques that I learned back then to get through all the problems of the past 2 weeks.

Freda said...

1 1846
2 Germany
3 Latin
4 Jupiter
5 Sixth

Debbi said...

Or Keith Richards. :)

1. 1846
2. Germany
3. Uranus
4. Triton
5. eighth