Friday 3 September 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3rd September, 2021.

3rd September, 2021.


Yes: it’s true … 

I’ve got a video meeting, today, at the Job Centre in Basildon.

One of the usual ones I have every two to three weeks.

This could be a key one.

I’m signed off ill, at the moment.   The fit note that covers this runs out on the 5th: so I have to make sure the Job Centre know’s my GP’s surgery has told me I can only order the next on on the 6th.

I’m also supposed to have been sent a form to fill in.

That’s not turned up, yet.

All that … ?

And I’m supposed to buy milk, bread and pick up some medications in town!

It’s a busy day, ahead … !

~≈£≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga†, Trevor‡, Debbi^ and Robinª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Robin scoring five out of five, Debbi on four and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        3rd September is Merchant Navy Day in the UK.   The Merchant Navy’s flag is the Red … what?

Q2)        It’s National Welsh Rarebit Day in the US.   Welsh rarebit is basically what on toast?

Q3)        Guitarist, Steve Jones was born on 3rd September, 1955.   He and Paul Cook, recently sued John Lydon. All three had been members of which band?

Q4)        Omi was born on 3rd September, 1986.   On which Caribbean island: Jamaica, Coast Rica or Montserrat?

Q5)        A British Residency was besieged: on 3rd September, 1879.   A residency, where: Kabul, Johannesburg or Cairo?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        In the USA, 2nd September is National Blueberry Popsicle Day.   Blueberries are native to where: North America, South America or Western Europe?
A1)        North America.

Q2)        NASA cancelled two Apollo launches: on 2nd September, 1970.   Apollo 19 was one.   What was the other?
A2)        Apollo 15. It was later re-used in 1971.

Q3)        J. R. R. Tolkien was born on 2nd September, 1892.   In what’s now which African nation: South Africa, Eswatini or Zimbabwe … ?
A3)        South Africa.

Q4)        Operation OAU began on 2nd September, 1968.   It was a battle in a civil war in what’s now which country: Nigeria, Rwanda or Senegal?
A4)        Nigeria.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Hurricane Dorian hit where, on 2nd September, 2019.   Where: Florida, the Bahamas or New York State?
A5)        The Bahamas.
Here’s a thought … 
“I have the face of an aging choirboy and the build of an undernourished featherweight.   If you can figure out my success on the screen you’re a better man than I.”
Alan Ladd, September 3, 1913 – January 29, 1964.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        Arrgh!   I’m blaming the Encyclopedia Britannica, there, Olga: they don’t separate births and deaths in the same way as Wikipedia.
        You know, the heat and rain’s possibly why Seville’s famous for oranges.   (You know … I’ve never actually seen The Barber of Seville.   That’s possibly a loss.   I get the impression, thought, that most are in French, German or Italian: which are on a par with my Spanish!)

        Hats as well, Trevor?   I’m just thankful we didn’t have them!

^        Very true, Debbi, very true.   Did I tell you I saw Nosferatu, a few years ago?   I don’t know that I was impressed … 

ª        Thanks for coming along, Robin: I know how busy you’ve been … 

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Ensign

Q2) Cheese

Q3) The Sex Pistols

Q4) Jamaica

Q5) Kabul

Not sure that it rains that much in Seville, but hey, it works OK for the song, if one has to translate it.
I hope things work out OK today with the meeting and fitting everything in. Stay safe.

trev-v said...

A1 Ensign commonly called The Red Duster.
A2 Cheese some times with Worcester sauce **
A3 Sex Pistols
A4 Jamaica
A5 Kabul

Not hats but Caps were worn by us boys. Our girls wore small “Juliet caps” which were held in place with hair grips.

** Today is the anniversary of the Battle of Worcester won by Oliver Cromwell and the last battle of the English civil war.

Freda said...

1 Red Ensign
2 Cheese
3 Sex Pistols
4 Jamaica
5 Kabul

Debbi said...

I saw that one many years ago. It's been a while.

1. Ensign
2. cheese
3. the Sex Pistols
4. Jamaica
5. Kabul