Saturday 4 September 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4-9-2021: Beyoncé

4th September, 2021.










Did I mention chicken stew, yesterday … ?

No I didn’t: it was the day before.

I’m getting heartily sick of the parsnips in it: so I’ll possibly need to change the recipe.

If you can think of a parsnip replacement, I’d be happy to hear about it!

At ANY rate … ?

I’ve run out of chicken: but DO have a bag of frozen mince.

And, as much as I’m ok at making spaghetti sauce — it’s only bolognese if it’s made by Italians! — I’m thinking a change is as good as a rest.

Now … 

If only I can remember my Chilli Con Carne recipe … !

~≈🌶≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        Singer, Beyoncé, was born on 4th September.   Of which year of the 1980s?

Q2)        She found fame as the main singer of which band: the Three Degrees, Destiny’s Child or All Saints?

Q3)        What was the name of her first solo album: I Am … Sasha Fierce, B’Day or Dangerously in Love?

Q4)        In which Austin Powers film did Beyoncé play Foxxy Cleopatra?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Beyonce’s married to which rapper: Ice T, Eminem or Jay-Z?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        3rd September is Merchant Navy Day in the UK. The Merchant Navy’s flag is the Red … what?
A1)        The Red Ensign.

Q2)        It’s National Welsh Rarebit Day in the US. Welsh rarebit is basically what on toast?
A2)        Cheese on toast.

Q3)        Guitarist, Steve Jones was born on 3rd September, 1955.   He and Paul Cook, recently sued John Lydon.   All three had been members of which band?
A3)        The Sex Pistols.

Q4)        Omi was born on 3rd September, 1986. On which Caribbean island: Jamaica, Coast Rica or Montserrat?
A4)        Jamaica.

Q5)        A British Residency was besieged: on 3rd September, 1879. A residency, where: Kabul, Johannesburg or Cairo?
A5)        Kabul.   (If I’ve understood it correctly, a Residency, Resident or Resident minister, was similar to an ambassador: except he was a resident in a colony or protectorate, rather than an ambassador to to an independent nation.)
Here’s a thought … 
“One of the things that kept me out of trouble was doing something creative - creativity can’t be judged.”
Beyoncé.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        It went well enough, Olga.   Although it turns out that the form my case worker wants me to fill in can only be sent out after the 29th day: yesterday, in other words.   You HAVE to love bureaucracy, don’t you … ?   (Now … about parsnips … )

        I think I saw that float past on Wikipedia, Trevor: but I went with the fairly vanilla set you saw.   (One of these, you mean … ?   Apparently, they’re supposed to go with ball gowns …)

        Hello, Mum!

^        I can imagine, Debbi!   Actually, I’ll have to sit down with the Bela Lugosi version, at some point.   Oh, thought this might interest you: it seems Salman Rushdie’s releasing his new book by email.

6 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1981

Q2) Destiny’s Child

Q3) Dangerously in Love

Q4) Austin Powers in Goldmember

Q5) Jay-Z
Yes, bureaucracy, indeed. Parsnips... I'm not one for casseroles, although I love most vegetables, so difficult to know. If you go to the market (although I think you usually go to the supermarket), I'm sure somebody at the greengrocer's would give you some tips. I must confess my method (I'm not big into cooking, so don't take me as an example) is to mix and match, try to add anything I like and/or I find around, better if it is in season (always cheaper), and see how it goes. Trial and error. If it doesn't work, I know not to do it again next time.
Now, about the mince... Meat balls?

trev-v said...

A1 1981
A2 Destiny’s Child
A3 Dangerously in Love
A4 Austin Powers in Goldmember
A5 Jay-Z

The Juliet caps were like plain Jewish men’s skullcaps (kippahs).

Instead of Parsnips you could try Kohlrabi. If you were in Canada you could try Rutabaga,

Debbi said...

I'm actually serializing my Sam McRae books on Substack. I'm in the process of setting up a paid subscription option for people to get my work.

1. 1981
2. Destiny's Child
3. Dangerously in Love
4. Austin Powers in Goldmember
5. Jay-Z

Debbi said...

I'm not a cook, but have you considered carrots instead of parsnips. They're related, vegetable-wise. :)

Freda said...

1 1981
2 Destiny's Child
3 I am Sasha Pierce
4 Austin Powers Goldmember
5 Jay Z

Freda said...

1 1885
2 Republic
3 Sofia
4 Lev
5 Gymnast