Thursday 2 September 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd September, 2021.

2nd September, 2021.


Yes: I’m right, aren’t I … ?

Stuff is possibly going to happen.

Possibly … 

I’m quite possibly going to go for a nice healthy walk … and do some nice healthy exercises.

The latter?   Are doing my knee some good, I think.

But frankly?


I’m not EXACTLY finding them a bundle of laughs!

~≈Ê≈~

Did I mention my chicken stew … ?

I make chicken stew, every so often.

I’ve a couple of pots* left: which I’ll alternate with other meals, over the next few days.

I’m thinking, though, that next batch … ?

Won’t have parsnips in it.

I’m getting a bit cheesed off with parsnips.

~≈🥘≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor†, Mum‡, Olga^, Debbiª and Carlyº putting in their answers: with Trevor, Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Carly on four and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        In the USA, 2nd September is National Blueberry Popsicle Day.   Blueberries are native to where: North America, South America or Western Europe?   (Debbi, where do they get ’em?)

Q2)        NASA cancelled two Apollo launches: on 2nd September, 1970.   Apollo 19 was one.   What was the other?

Q3)        J. R. R. Tolkien was born on 2nd September, 1892.   In what’s now which African nation: South Africa, Eswatini or Zimbabwe … ?

Q4)        Operation OAU began on 2nd September, 1968.   It was a battle in a civil war in what’s now which country: Nigeria, Rwanda or Senegal?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Hurricane Dorian hit where, on 2nd September, 2019.   Where: Florida, the Bahamas or New York State?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Today is the 1st of September.   How many days are there in September?
A1)        Thirty.   (30)

Q2)        September is which month of the year: the ninth, tenth or eleventh?
A2)        The ninth.

Q3)        September come from the Latin word, septem.   Septem is the Latin word for which number: seven, eight or nine?
A3)        Seven.   (7).   (It was the seventh month of the Roman year.)

Q4)        If you were born in September, your Zodiac sign is either Virgo, or what: Libra, Scorpio or Sagittarius?
A4)        Libra.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The birthstone for September is Sapphire.   Sapphires are usually what: red, blue, green, brown or purple?
A5)        Blue.
Here’s a thought … 
“A football team is like a piano.   You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
Bill Shankly, 2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        I’ve been buying 600g pots of Marmite, over the past few months.   Washed out, the empty plastic pots make handy containers for chicken stew, goulash, spaghetti sauce, beef stew, chilli con carne, dice, loose change, more dice, rat poison assorted bit, and dice.   The rat poison’s not in the same pot as the others, I should add.   That would be silly!

        Brown uniforms?   Brown ones, Trevor?   APART from the upsides for colour blind people, it sounds a little drab!
        Now I think of it, one of my favourite games was a thing called Magic: The Gathering.   One of the artists was red/green colourblind, and interesting to see.

        Hello, Mum!

^        I’m always cynical about governments cutting sales taxes, Olga.   I don’t think companies put prices down as a result.   From the little I can see, they keep the prices the same, and earn more profits.
        I’ll keep my eyes open for the pair: iPlayer’s started showing movies … 
        Can I make a confession?   I get an earworm whenever someone mentions rain in Spain.


ª        You know, I’m going to have look them up, Debbi!   It would make a change from the horror movies!




º        Welcome aboard, Carly, thanks for commenting!   Feel free to poke around the TV reviews.

5 comments:

Freda said...

1 North America
2 Apolo 20
3 South Africa
4 Rwanda
5 Florida

Olga said...

Q1) North America (I’ve picked them up in Galicia, the North West of Spain, where my Dad came from, often, but they are the wild varieties)

Q2) Apollo 15

Q3) You’ve got it the wrong way round, Paul. He was born in South Africa, but on the 3rd of January. He died in the UK on a 2nd of September, so...

Q4) Nigeria

Q5) The Bahamas
Yes, I'm suspicious of government's cuts as well. In any case, it is looking pretty bad.
Oh, I do love My Fair Lady, although, of course, the rain in Spain doesn't at all stay mainly in the plains (mountains get more rain), and the Spanish version is 'la lluvia en Sevilla es una pura maravilla' (The rain is Seville is truly wonderful... more or less. That is true, especially in summer, I'm sure. It gets pretty hot there).

trev-v said...

A1 North America
A2 Apollo 15
A3 South Africa
A4 Nigeria
A5 The Bahamas

Yes Dark Brown.
In Scunthorpe the Secondary Modern schools were either Navy Blue or Maroon.
The original Grammar school (Scunthorpe Grammar) was Green.
We at JLGS were brown and those at the later third grammar school were in Grey uniforms.

Back then all senior school children were in full School Uniforms including head wear.

Debbi said...

There are some really awesome old movies out there! :)

1. North America (Oregon produces most cultivated blueberries--I guess they go to the right schools. :) )
2. Apollo 18 (?)
3. South Africa
4. Nigeria
5. the Bahamas

angelfrmcanada said...

1. North America
2. Apollo 15
3. South Africa
4. Nigeria
5. the Bahamas