Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-7-2016

Can I make a confession … ?

I’m feeling slightly nervous.

Not seriously nervous: but nervous enough.

You see … I’ve got an interview, today.

Although whether I’ll get the job concerned is a whole other matter.

It DOES come at a good time.

I’m not unhappy at work.

But we have a change in manager, this week.

On top of that … ?   On top of that, there’s always people one doesn’t get on with: something that’s been boiling for a while, but that’s seriously starting to bother me, recently.

Either way … ?

Well … 

Time for a fresh start, I think.   Here’s hoping the thing goes well … 

~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring six out of six.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The first African American to win the Men’s Wimbledon tournament did so: on 5th July, 1975.   Who was that winner?
Q2) The BBC aired its first TV news bulletin: on 5th July of which year of the 1950s?
Q3) Conservationists began rescue attempts, in South Africa: on 5th July, 2000.   They were rescuing over 18000 what: penguins, ostriches or emus?
Q4) Armenia adopted its constitution: on 5th July, 1995.   The republic had only become independent, four years, earlier: from where?
Q5) Finally … Algeria became independent from France: on 5th July, 1962.   It’s on the Mediterranean coast of where: North Africa or Southern Europe.
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 4th July is US Independence Day.   What’s the capital city of the USA?
Q2) The USA’s Head of State is the President: currently, President Obama.   What’s the USA’s legislature?
A2) Congress.
Q3) Name either one of that legislature’s two Houses.
Q4) The US is a federal what: monarchy, confederacy or republic?
A4) Republic.
Q5) The US declared itself independent in which year of the 1770s?
A5) 1776.
Q6) Finally … Who’s the only US President to have born on the 4th of July?
I’ll leave you with this admission …
“I don’t have a formal home recording studio, but I can record tracks on my computer upstairs in my office.”
Huey Lewis, born 5th July, 1950.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day … 











*        You know, people KEEP mentioning that scene, Olga: I’m really going to have to catch Deer Hunter, just to finder out what people are talking about … !   Oh, talking of Christopher Walken … ?   Did you ever hear Fatboy Slim’s Weapon of Choice‡?   Amazing who had dance training as youngsters … 


†        Whoah, slow down a bit, Debbi!   It’s been a while since the House of Commons ran the US!   Got to admit, I fell in love with LA Woman, once I heard it.   L’America and Texas Radio were my two favourite tunes from it.   Preferred the Quo’s version of Roadhouse Blues, though … 


‡        I’m convinced Fatboy’s a Dune fan: that ‘Walk without rhythm,’ line?   Is a direct lift from the book, from a description of how to survive the planet’s deep deserts: it’s a tip on how to avoid getting eaten by two hundred foot long sandworms.

1 comment:

  1. My problem is I spend so much time answering British trivia questions, it's skewed my thinking! :)

    1. Althea Gibson
    2. 1954
    3. penguins
    4. the Soviet Union
    5. North Africa

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.