
Well, yes …


But Adrian hadn’t seen it, bless him …


And I’ve got to admit, I’m still impressed … ish!
Now, long time readers of the ‘Old Peculiar’ will have realised I saw “Watchmen” in March, not long after it had its UK cinema release.


So being able to see it again, on DVD, was something of a treat.
But it was also nice to have Adrian’s reactions to it; his thoughts were — and I’m sure he’ll correct me, if I get him wrong — was that he liked the characters, but felt it could have been better done.
Or have had a touch more back-story, for each of them.
Which is where we have a problem, as he happily admitted; after all, I’ve read the original graphic novel, and he hasn’t. He was quite happy to point out I could fill in a lot of gaps.
I know that’s something I personally couldn’t disagree, though; having read the graphic novel, I’ve been able to take my time, and have a touch more insight into the story being told.
And realise that Zack Snyder would’ve had to make a longer movie, had he tried to throw in everything.
And, as I think I mentioned to Adrian, two movies would’ve been good. But I don’t think there was enough material to do three films, which always tends to play well, with the cinema going public.
He did get me noticing one thing, though; that the character of Laurie Jupiter — her with the shiny latex — could’ve been a touch better filled out …
In a back-story, or emotional way, before someone says anything … … !
We had noticed Night Owl has … quirks …
Yes, quirk is definitely the word, I think; after all, Dan Dreiberg is someone who pulse only gets racing, after he’s put on more rubber-wear than Laurie Jupiter, and beaten someone up.
Make of that what you will.
I do still think “Watchmen” is worth the time or money that one chooses to invest in it, from pretty much the reasons I stated when I first saw it, though.
The “Watchmen” … is worth watching!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.