Sunday, 5 May 2013

The Daily Teaser — 5-5-2013: Come The Revolution … 

Oy … 

You’d THINK a good night’s sleep would help, wouldn’t you … ?

But here I am, on a Sunday morning, still feeling as if an extra half hour wouldn’t hurt.

Hmmm … 

I might just have a lie in.

Possibly.

I might just watch The Crimson Horror, last night’s Dr Who: it’s a bit good … !

At any rate … back to bed, or otherwise, let’s move on to today’s big bit’s, shall we … ?

Yes, let’s … 

≈≈≈†≈≈≈

Yesterday’s teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with telling letting me know that a Certain Novel*’s going into a new edition, also bagged seven out of seven.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s slightly left-wing Teaser, shall we … ?

Here it is, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 5th May saw the birth of Karl Marx, founder of Communism.   In which year … ?
Q2) More to the point, in what’s now which European country … ?
Q3) In May of 1849, Marx moved to which UK city … ?
Q4) Who co-wrote many of Marx’s works … ?
Q5) And finally … In which cemetery is Karl Marx buried … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 4th May, 1675, saw the start of construction of the Royal Greenwich Observatory.   By which King … ?
A1) Charles 2nd.
Q2) In which English city is Greenwich … ?
A2) London.
Q3) The Observatory is the site of the Prime Meridian.   The meridian is the navigation baseline for what: longitude or latitude … ?
A3) Longitude.
Q4) It’s ALSO used as the basis for time in many parts of the world: when it’s known as GMT.   What does GMT stand for … ?
A4) Green Mean Time.
Q5) Who was the first Royal Astronomer … ?
A5) John Flamsteed.
Q6) Who’s the current royal astronomer … ?
A6) Martin Rees, Baron Rees of Ludlow.
Q7) And FINALLY … at what time — GMT — does the famous Greenwich Observatory Time Ball drop … ?
A7) 1 PM.   (Or 13:00, if you want to be like that … )
Enjoy those.

I’ll leave you with this thought …
“The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.”
Karl Marx.
And with this tune … 


Have a good day.













*        Oh, I’m getting a mention in Identity Theft … ?   Oh, bless you … !   And thank you … ! :D

1 comment:

  1. And bless you, Paul. I can't thank you enough. Really! :)

    1. 1818
    2. Germany
    3. London
    4. Engels
    5. Highgate Cemetery

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.