Monday, 25 November 2013

The Daily Teaser — 25-11-2013

You know, it’s now OFFICIALLY Monday.

Officially.

Which possibly means that we’re due some good news.

Today’s the day — our landlord’s told us — that the building’s aerial is due to be fixed.

I, personally, hope so.

For starters, there’s only so much the BBC’s web-based catch up can do.   It is, after all, a catch-up service: intended for occasional use, instead of full-time use.

Now, I’m off to the Work Programme I have to attend, today: over in Basildon.

I’m hoping, by the time I get home at around Four o’clock, that I can turn on the TV, and watch some TV.

Hoping … but frankly doubtful.

Right, let’s get a move on, shall we?

~≈†≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: along with letting us know her, and her partner, had recorded The Day Of The Doctor, ALSO scored six out of six.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To,’ License and video … 

Q1) 25th November, 1491, saw a siege start, of the last Islamic city in Spain.   Which city was it: Madrid, Granada or Seville … ?
Q2) 25th November, 1973, saw President George Papadopoulos deposed in a military coup: in which European country: Greece, Italy or Albania … ?
Q3) 25 years later, 25th November, 1998, saw the government of which European country collapse … ?
Q4) Many years earlier, 25th November, 1936, saw two countries sign the ‘Anti-Comintern Pact.’   Name either country.
Q5) Finally … 25th November, 1981, saw Pope John Paul 2nd appoint Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith: which was notoriously also known as what … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 24th November, 1962, saw the first broadcast of which satirical British TV show … ?
Q2) Which recently deceased journalist and media personality was the show’s main presenter … ?
A2) Sir David Frost.
Q3) 24th November, 2012, saw 112 people killed in a fire in a clothes factory: in which Bangladeshi city … ?
A3) Dhaka.
Q4) 24th November, 1932, saw the opening of the FBI’s Crime lab: in Washington DC.   In which US state is it now located … ?
A4) Virginia: in the Marine Base at Quantico, in fact.
Q5) 24th November, 1991, saw the death of singer, Freddie Mercury: with which band did he find international fame … ?
A5) Queen.
Q6) Finally … 24th November, 1874, saw Joseph Glidden’s major patent finally approved.   What was it … ?
Enjoy those.
“If St. Aloysius had been as I am, he would have become holy in a different way.”
Pope John 23rd 25 November 1881 – 3 June 1963.
And, in memory of the late singer, Kevin DuBrow, this tune … 


Enjoy your day.























*        It’s a good one, Debbi‡: from some of the fan opinions I’ve seen have seriously complemented Matt Smith.   (Oh, and there’s a surprise visitor, at the end.   SPOILERS!!!!!)

‡        Actually, Debbi, did you manage to catch An Adventure In Space And Time … ?   THAT was quite something: I personally feel David Bradley — who played William Hartnell — deserves a BAFTA nomination, to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on the look out for the other show, and I haven't seen the special yet, but I'm dying to now! :D

    1. Grenada
    2. Greece
    3. Yugoslavia
    4. Japan & Germany
    5. Holy Inquisition

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.