Thursday, 27 September 2018

American Horror Story — Series 7: Cult — Episode 9, 10 And 11: Drink the Kool-Aid, Charles (Manson) in Charge and Great Again.

26th September, 2018.


Right … 

You’ve possible may or may not know it … but I’m having trouble at work … 

Basically, the amount of shifts, next week … ?

Are down to one.

Too long for Dick and too short for Richard.

After seeking VARIOUS bits of advise … ?

In in a situation where — with the way the benefit systems works — I can’t walk out or hand in my notice.

I have to be sacked or laid off: in order to not have problems, claiming.

It’s … frustrating.

~≈§≈~

On the up-side?

For starters, the time I invested in upgrading from macOS High Sierra to Mojave is … time well spent, I think.

Dark mode is bloody distracting … but the dynamic wallpaper — that slowly changes from day to night — is rather nice.


As is the handle bar: the one that lets you adjust the screens in split screen mode?


Strikes me that’ll be useful.

~≈§≈~

But I’m distracted, here, aren’t I … ?

By eye-candy!

I MEANT to tell you about the last three episodes of American Horror StoryCult.

~≈§≈~

Episode 9Drink the Kool-Aid* — sees Kai (Evan Peters) telling his militia about assorted cults: AND announcing his plans to run as senator.

AND persuading the militia, Beverly, Winter, Ally and Ivy (Adina Porter, Billy Lourde and Allison Pill) to try some Kool-Aid.

Episode 10Charles (Manson) in Charge — flashes back to 2016: and sees Kai attend anger management.

And, back in the present?   Coming up with an idea of a ‘Night of a thousand Tates.’

Episode 11Great Again — the finale … ?   Opens by showing us Kai, finally in prison for his crimes: after Ally (Sarah Paulson) has arranged a raid at the base.

And, after that … ?

Start manoeuvring her way up the political ladder … 

~≈§≈~

Now, I have to admit, it’s getting stupidly late.

Half past midnight, going by the clock on my wall.

But … ?



Whilst there’s a few plot points that weren’t closed — Bebe’s ‘Women’s Rage’ plans never seem to have been resolved, for example — and one or two episodes that seemed to be padding, I also think Cult is of American Horror Story better series.

I still think Asylum is the one that get’s all the aces … 

But Cult?

Does a good job of keeping up.






*        Episode 9 was directed by AHS regular, Angela Bassett.   Frankly?   That was the best episode of the three I saw, tonight.   I’ve felt AHS series that feature Ms Bassett badly underuse her acting abilities.   Giving her the directors chair?   Has played to her formidable talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.