14th April, 2019
Yep: that intro video’s accurate.
I’m going to be baby — ha! — sitting my nephew, Jude, tomorrow.
Which should be fun.
So long as we can figure out what to do.
It might just involve persuading Mummy that buying a micro SD card: so a Certain Nephew can … ah … borrow age-acceptable movie content from his uncle and plonk it on his tablet.
Which possibly makes up for this afternoon: the family trip to see Shazam didn’t exactly go to plan: as Jude found it a little bit too scary.
I can sort of see his point: people crumbling to dust isn’t exactly reassuring to an eight year old!
~≈§≈~
At ANY rate … ?
At any rate, we’ll have to see what we can do about that, shan’t we?
The rest of the evening I’ve had to myself.
Which … ?
~≈§≈~
Episode 7 — Les Écorchés — sees Charlotte and Strand (Tessa Thompson and Gustaf Skarsgård) interrogating Bernard (Jeffrey Wright): they suspect he knows the location of Abernathy’s control unit.
That’s in the present.
In flashbacks?
We see Bernard in the Cradle — the server farm that’s stores the park’s system’s — shocked by his meeting with Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins.)
Ford?
Prior to his death Ford has had his personality recorded: then placed into the Cradle.
And makes the very good point the park’s less talked about feature is the recording of its guests personalities: in order to — at some point — sell them an immortal host body.
Bernard is doomed to not stay at the Cradle, though.
He is forced out by Ford: and flees, along with Elsie (Shannon Woodward).
But under the influence of Robert Ford.
~≈§≈~
With Bernard and Elsie having been forced to abandon the Cradle?
It’s destroyed by one of Dolores’ troops … after she has managed to find her father in Charlotte’s hands.
And Maeve (Thandiwe Newton) … ?
Is seriously injured protecting her daughter …
~≈§≈~
Now …
Good … ?
Bad … ?
Indifferent?
Actually … ?
Quite good, I’d say.
Even though the old idea of a person transferring itself into a computer, after death is somewhat old — I can remember Gibson using it in his Sprawl trilogy — it does see to be being used, here in a new way: it’s designed by a maverick scientists, to be used with artificial bodies, and to be sold at a premium.
Combine that … ?
With a situation where the artificial bodies are developing personalities of their own: and revolting against how they’ve been used.
Personally?
Given that the show’s getting near it’s climax, and has explained thing a little more clearly?
I’m happy to keep watching.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.