The chap conducting it? Got himself double booked: we ended up doing the meeting at three in the afternoon, rather than at ten.
Hmmm …
At any rate? I can now look for call centre work that wants me to work from home: safe in the knowledge I have provisional approval for the funding to get a Windows — yuck — laptop should I need it for work.
However? We’ve still not found a place, locally that does the European Compute Driving License course.
* That’s a shame, Olga: the castles look spectacular! Funny old thing, I caught a show on iPlayer, not long after we least talked about them: a thing with Brian Cox. Complete with Human Castles in Catalonia. Talk about watchable TV! There was a family involved with one team: Dad was part of the base, Mum was in the audience, and their little girl — who must have been about four! — was clambering to the top of the tower! Whilst at least one of the other towers was collapsing next to them. I ran out of fingernails!
Good luck for the week end! I’m sure you’ll do well!
† That was quite a thing to see, Trevor: although I don’t think kayaks will be long term commuter solutions. At least, I hope they don’t!
Actually, I watched a documentary about the Crucible’s hosting of the World Championship: that covered Ronnie’s fastest 147 … but also showed us Cliff Thorburn’s first televised break.
That first red was just the flukiest thing!
‡ It’s worth a go, Debbi, I know that … mind you, I’m four episodes in. (I know what you mean about distracting: that 147 break of Ronnie’s is still something …)
Q1) 2004 Q2) Alphabet Inc. Q3) Sundar Pichai Q4) Android Q5) A search engine It sounds good. I hope you can find a course somewhere not too far away. It's definitely not the best of times to go travelling around. At least things are looking more positive for a possible job from home (and as things are going, it might be the best option, at least for a while). The piece for the radio also sounds good. Perhaps you should get into local politics (not sure they'd like having you there, but you'd sure provide a more down to earth and useful point of view).
If you're around at 5:30 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday), you can catch the premiere of the film noir discussion I'll have up on this blog! :) https://debbimacktoo.wordpress.com/
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) 2004
ReplyDeleteQ2) Alphabet Inc.
Q3) Sundar Pichai
Q4) Android
Q5) A search engine
It sounds good. I hope you can find a course somewhere not too far away. It's definitely not the best of times to go travelling around. At least things are looking more positive for a possible job from home (and as things are going, it might be the best option, at least for a while). The piece for the radio also sounds good. Perhaps you should get into local politics (not sure they'd like having you there, but you'd sure provide a more down to earth and useful point of view).
A1 2004
ReplyDeleteA2 Alphabet Inc.
A3 Pichai Sundararajan, known as Sundar Pichai
A4 Chrome OS
A5 search engine
Definitely interesting! :)
ReplyDelete1. 2004
2. Alphabet Inc.
3. Sundar Pinchai
4. Android
5. search engine
If you're around at 5:30 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday), you can catch the premiere of the film noir discussion I'll have up on this blog! :) https://debbimacktoo.wordpress.com/