Monday, 4 January 2021

Star Trek Discovery — Series 3 Episode 9 — Terra Firma Pt 1 — A Review

3rd January, 2021.


Right … 

Right at the moment, it’s late — ish — on a Sunday night.

I’ve had dinner: and have to confess, I make a mean spaghetti sauce.

And, frankly?

Right at the moment, I want to go to bed: with a good read.

I’ve some Arthur Machen to read.

But?

But I want to get started on this post: to tell you about the next episode of Star Trek Discovery’s third series that I’d seen.

~≈🖖🏻≈~


Episode 9 — Terra Firma Pt 1 — opens with the usual summary of previous episodes.

Then shifts to Discovery’s medical bay.

Where Dr Culber (Wilson Cruz) is getting a briefing about Philippa Georgiou’s (Michelle Yeoh) health: from the mysterious Kovich (David Cronenberg).

Seemingly?

The Emporer share’s a lot with the long gone Starfleet officer, Lieutenant Commander Yor: who’d been a soldier during the Temporal Wars.

Time travel does damage: and having travelled forward in time, and across from the Mirror Universe?

Georgiou is going going to get seriously ill.

Unless she get’s taken, very specifically, to a planet called Dannus 5.

With all this going on … ?   The fact the Commander Stamets and Adira (Anthony Rapp and Blu Del Barrio) decode the mysterious distress signal, and find it’s from a Kelpian ship?

Almost gets overlooked … 

~≈🖖🏻≈~

Now … 

You’ll excuse me if I get a little short with Terra Firma Pt 1.

It’s been a busy — ish — few days for me.

So far?

So far, Terra Firma Pt 1 looks good.

But isn’t the complete story.

I’ll be able to give a fuller and better picture, next Sunday.

By then?

I’ll be able to tell you more.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.