Tuesday, 14 March 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14th March 2023.

14th March, 2023.


You know, it’s easy to forget quite how busy a week can possibly be.

I’ve a weight management meeting by phone, this morning.

And my nephew, this afternoon.

There’s possibly going to be more videos, done: on top of the video review I’ve already done.


I hope someone gets the Goons reference in that!

At any rate … ?

I’ve got all that on … plus I’ve had my council tax bill … and needs to chase up the help I can get.

AND take in both bank statements, and proof I’m claiming benefits.

Given I’ve got a plumber on Friday, a doctors appointment, tomorrow, and a food bank delivery, today … ?

The next few days will be busy … !

~≈Ô≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

The day also saw Trevor^ leaving us a message.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        14th March is Dita e Verës, or Summer Day.   Where: Albania, Bulgaria or the Czech Republic?

Q2)        Jodrell Bank Observatory contacted the Pioneer 5 satellite on 14th March, 1960: setting a distance record in the process.   The Observatory is in which English county: Berkshire, Cheshire or Derbyshire?

Q3)        14th March, 2007, saw fourteen people killed: in the small town of Nandigram.   Nandigram is where: India, Bangladesh or Pakistan?

Q4)        Security forces killed at least sixty-five people in Hlaingthaya Township: on 14th March, 2012.   Township and killings were where: Myanmar, Nepal or Oman?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Albert Einstein was born on 14th March, 1879.   His four most influential papers were published in which year: 1904, 1905 or 1906?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Siege of Khartoum started: on 13th March, 1884.   It ended on 26th January of which year: 1885, 1886 or 1887?
A1)        1885.

Q2)        Khartoum is in which African nation?
A2)        Sudan.

Q3)        The besieging forces were led by Muhammad Ahmad.   Ahmad claimed to be the Islamic what: Caliph, Sultan or Mahdi?
A3)        Mahdi.

Q4)        The British forces were lead by the newly appointed Governor General Charles George who: Gordon, Bennet or Ramsey?
A4)        Governor General Charles George Gordon.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Governor General was known as the what: Masher, Pasha or Dasher?
A5)        Pasha.
Here’s a thought … 
“If I was not a physicist, I would probably be a musician.   I often think in music.”
Albert Einstein, 14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955.)
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        I think you’re right, there, Olga, choice comes into it.   Although, I think a few Oscar winners do the unexpected movies — the ‘underpaid’, independent films — as it does their reputations a favour.   Saying that, I know she did Tomorrow Never Dies, the Bond film.   I think she did a lot of her own stunts, which would’ve helped get her that job.


        Hello, Mum!   (Debbi said ‘Well Done’, for yesterday.)

        Ah HA!   Kurt Vonnegut!   I have to sit down with some more of his work, Debbi, I really do!

^        I knew what ‘ginnel’ meant, Trevor: one of my sisters dated a chap from Derbyshire, and they use the term, there.

3 comments:

  1. Q1) Albania

    Q2) Cheshire

    Q3) India

    Q4) Myanmar

    Q5) 1905
    I hope you have fun with your nephew and the meeting goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Albania
    2 Cheshire
    3 India
    4 Mayamar
    5 1905

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't read it, check out Slaughterhouse-Five.

    Also, Welcome to the Monkey House.

    1. Albania
    2. Cheshire
    3. India
    4. Myanmar
    5. 1905

    It's been years since I last read Vonnegut. So, I have my work cut out for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.