Q1)In the UK, 12th August is known as the Glorious Twelfth. In other words, it’s the tradition start of the what hunting season: duck hunting, grouse hunting or haggis hunting?
Q5)Finally … ? Jean-Michel Basquiat died on 12th August, 1988: at the age of twenty-seven. He was a painter from where: Chicago, New York or San Francisco?
† Actually, Tegan said “My dad used to say that ‘if’ was the most powerful word in the English language” … but who’s arguing?
‡ Did you mean the Vuitton building, Olga? You’re right, that is one hell of a venue! It looks like a giant child has used the Sydney Opera House as a play set!
Hmmm … certainly make jigsaws sound interesting, Olga∥: I just wish I had a kitchen like your Welsh friends: a central island found be helpful! (I’ve an old friend in Wales, as well: she tells me her kitchen’s a similar design!)
§ Hello, Mum!
¶ I thought you might appreciate it, Debbi¹! The irony about the sketch … ? Is that the very straight Colonel was played by Graeme Chapman, the only gay member of the team! It’s very silly!
∥ I’m in a couple of left hander’s groups on Facebook, Olga: and had to mention Sydney Opera House. When I slice bread, the results look like the place: the slices are thick at the top, and thin at the bottom. I get the impression I’m not the only one who does that.
¹ That’s a thought, Debbi: there’s a card game called Magic: The Gathering doing the rounds: there’s a set of Dr Who themed cards for it.
Sorry to hear about the delay, Paul, and you're right about the building. I had the class with Jordi today and it's all proven a bit chaotic since, so we shall see what tomorrow brings. And Happy Left Hander's Day!
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
I’ve JUST had the email: apparently, the hearing has been delayed until the end of September!
ReplyDeleteDebbi, I see What you mean about The comments!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the delay, Paul, and you're right about the building. I had the class with Jordi today and it's all proven a bit chaotic since, so we shall see what tomorrow brings. And Happy Left Hander's Day!
ReplyDelete1 feet
ReplyDelete2 Baseball
3 Silo
4 Insult
5 Goats
Rather a pain, innit? :)
ReplyDelete1. feet
2. baseball player
3. Silo
4. back-handed
5. goats
It would be just like Graham Chapman, to make fun of himself. Be silly! :)