Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29-7-2026 — Eunomia

29th July, 2026: Eunomia.


OK … bloody Amazon … !

I’ve got another box of diet colas on order: which was supposed to be delivered, yesterday.

And is now coming today, for some reason.

Why?

I don’t know: but I’ve sent off an annoyed email … again … !

~≈🏬≈~

Oh … and I’ve got an earworm!

BA Robertson’s “Knocked it Off”.


Why … ?

I don’t know.

But if I get a chance, I’ll put something on repeat to get rid of it!

~≈🎸≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        15 Eunomia was discovered on 29th July, 1851: by Annibale de Gasparis.   Where is 15 Eunomia: the Oort Cloud, Kuiper Belt or Asteroid Belt?

Q2)        It’s discoverer, de Gasparis, was an astronomer from where: the UK, Italy or Portugal?

Q3)        15 Eunomia is a what: asteroid, meteor or dwarf planet?

Q4)        It’s an S type object.   In other words, it’s mostly what: rock, ice or carbon?

Q5)        Finally … ?   15 Eunomia is named after what: a Greek goddess, Egyptian goddess or Buddhist saint?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        28th July is Liberation Day.   Where: San Marino, Lichtenstein or North Korea?
A1)        San Marino.

Q2)        An earthquake struck Tangshan: on 28th July, 1976.   City, and earthquake, were in which country?
A2)        China.

Q3)        28th July is Independence Day.   Where: Peru, Brazil or Chile?
A3)        Peru.

Q4)        Robert Chapman was born on 28th July, 1972.   Name either one of the two county sides he played first class cricket for.
A4)        Nottinghamshire or Worcestershire.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Harry Kane was born on 28th July, 1993.   He currently plays football for which German team?
A5)        Bayern Munich.   (The German name is Bayern-München.)
Here’s information …
“It is elongated and irregular in shape, and rotates once every six hours and five minutes.”
From the Wikipedia article on 15 Eunomia.
And a video …


The next 10 question sets are on 30th July, 11th August, 26th August, the 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about the Beano, World Steel Pan Day, International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.

There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!

†        Oh, I know, Debbi, I know!   Did I ever mention I, Robot?   The Will Smith film, that is?   It had very little to do with the short story collection, beyond lifting a couple of scenes, and names.   It’s competently done piece: but not one I’d’ve called I, Robot!   Bicentennial Man, and Jackson’s Lord of the Rings were far better efforts: you could look at most of them, and justify most of what was on screen.
        Oh, apparently, Tom Chadbon has died: Duggan from City of Death.

No comments: