Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Keyboards, keyboards, keyboards ...


You know, I’m going to have to rearrange the table and chair in the hallway, I really am.

Or I’m going to have to go on a diet.

I think …

At any rate, whilst Café World’s quietly going ker-CHING* in the background, I’m happily tip-tapping away in the hallway, on the G3 iMac: the one I installed the Dapper Drake version of Xubuntu, a little while back?

The one that needs the new PRAM battery on it, but which has a clock that works fine, so long as it’s hooked up to the net … ?

Yeah, that one …

I’ve got to admit, over the weekend, we had a bit of a …
Teacup … incident.

Yes, a Teacup incident.

That’s the phrase ...

A Teacup Incident ...

Remember last
Movie Night?

I had a bit of a crowd in, and, while most of us were happily nattering, Sarah, bless ’er little purple hairdo, borrowed the iMac, to check her Facebook and email accounts.

I took her over a cuppa.

Plonked it down on the table.

And promptly it knocked over, all over the original Keyboard that came with the iMac.

Where could I have put my face … ?

I’m not too sure, actually!

But I am sure of what happened when the old keyboard dried out.

I got a hideous beeeeeeeeep noise, as the jammed letter ‘a’ on the iMac’s keyboard repeatedly entered the letter ‘a’ as my user name …

Mmmm …

Not good …

You can imagine how I felt, can’t you?

I had a knackered keyboard, and, as a result, a vintage
iMac I couldn’t make use of .

Until, bless her, Allison came to the proverbial rescue!

We were up town, today, organising some paperwork for her - which is a
whole other, very time consuming story - and Allison decided to treat me to an early birthday present. And bought me a cheap and cheerful, generic Texet computer keyboard, at the Brentwood branch of Wilkinson’s.

For which she got a suitable effusive ‘Thank You’!

Now, while it’s not an exact match^, I really can’t complain.

After all, the woman I love decided I should have something to say ‘Ta’ for helping her out.





















* On the
Mac Mini, running Snow Leopard …

^ After all, most PC keyboards have no
USB ports to plug a mouse, or USB thumb drives, or dongles. But I’m not complaining too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.