
You know, it’s been a while since I’ve written to the Gazette.
Remember me writing about the petition signing event — rather quiet event, I should add — at Brentwood Station, a while back … ?
And I’ve a confession to make …
I couldn’t resist putting in my tuppence ha’penny worth … !
Well, you wouldn’t, would you … ?
So here’s what I wrote to the Gazette, this time.
Dear Editor,Can I make an admission, here, and admit that I feel vaguely conned … ?By the Brentwood and Ongar Conservatives … ?I was at their petition signing day, after being invited along by the owner of Vegas and I’ve got to admit, I believe that a lot of signatures were gathered by yours truly.On the day itself … ?I could well be wrong, here, but it seemed to me that — on the day — the only people actually collecting signatures for the petition were myself and Billy.The three members of the local Conservatives — along with Councillor McKinley, herself — seemed more interested in handing out flyers advertising their own meetings.And when I raised the idea of maybe asking ward councillors from other parties along, to at least give the impression of cross-party support … ?I was politely and graciously fobbed off.Now, all questions aside of who’s stealing credit from who, or whether the much-needed lifts can be installed at the station — something I doubt, given the station’s layout — I feel vaguely conned.Now, I’ve often said I can’t stand the coalition government: mostly on the basis of Conservative involvement in it.This … ?Only reinforces my personal belief that voting Conservative … is voting for nasty pieces of work.
Now, I don’t know if that’ll make it into next week’s Gazette — lord knows they’ve devoted enough to it — but I hope so.
I think I may have a point.
Even if it’s a heavily disguised one about politicians jumping on bandwagons …

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.