Monday, 18 July 2011

The Daily Teaser: 18-7-11

Hmmm …

That’s a thing …

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve just used handy sound editor, Audacity, to fill in some details about a free download I’d managed to pick up.

From Steve Curtis’ home page, before you ask: the veteran pub-rockers been a favourite for a while.

What got me, though … ?

Was the options it gave me, when it came down to filling in the genre, as you can tell from the screen-grab.

I mean, Porn Groove … ?

What the hell is Porn Groove … ?

Well …

Whatever it is, I’m pretty sure it’s not Steve, bless him … !

I mean, he does slightly countrified rock, for heaven’s sake … !

Remind me to show you later …

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets …

»»»·«««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with bagging 5 out of 5, she also managed to dig up a little extra information about the ’76 Summer Olympics, from this site

Lets see how she — and you — do with todays questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 18th July, 1986, saw a helicopter pilot make a chance encounter: one that led to the live broadcast of a Minnesota what … ?

Q2) 18th July, 1968, saw the founding of which chip company … ?

Q3) More to the point, what is that company’s name short for … ?

Q4) 18th July, 1955, saw the opening of the original Disneyland: near which Californian town … ?

Q5) And finally … 18th July, 1895, saw the birth of George Kelly Barnes: how was he better known … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 17th July, 1917, saw the death of Tsar Nicholas 2nd of Russia, along with his family: what was the family name … ?
A1) Romanov: or Romanova, for the female members.

Q2) More to the point, on the orders of which political party … ?
Q2) The Russian Bolsheviks.

Q3) In which city was the Tsar and his family killed … ?
A3) Ekaterinburg: or Yekaterinburg (Екатеринбу́рг) as it’s now known.

Q4) Moving on … 17th July, 1998, saw the adoption — by diplomatic conference — of the International Criminal Court. This courts prosecutes, Crimes Against Humanity, Crimes of Aggression, War Crimes … and which form of murder?
A4) Genocide: murder in whole or part, of a group on national, ethnical, racial or religious grounds.

Q5) And finally … 17th July, 1976, saw the start of the Montreal Summer Olympics: how many African nations boycotted these Games … ?
A5) 25.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later, after I’ve left you with a tune …

1 comment:

  1. 1. tornado
    2. Intel
    3. Integrated Electronics
    4. Anaheim
    5. Machine Gun Kelly

    BTW, Identity Crisis is back up in the Top 100 again. What did I tell you about the rankings? :) You never know ... :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.