Q4)11th October saw the start of the Second Boer War: between the UK, and the boers of the Transvaal and Orange Free State. 11th October, of which year?
* Now why does that sound familiar, Olga? I think think a lot of software designers could do with lessons in usability, and consistency! Oh, possibly just intuitive. As for Barking … ? There’s an old joke that would appeal to my nephew. Where do dogs go for their holidays? Barking … If you’re crazy about a London Borough that starts with B? You’re Barking mad … I’m here all week …
† Actually, Debbi, did I mention Good Omens? The trailer looks good … (Apparently, Sir Terry had THAT scene — Agnes Nutter’s last — planned for Granny Weatherwax†.)
‡ Nutter is an old Lancashire name. There’s also a few Weatherwaxes in the New York phone book
Q1) 2000 Q2) Shameless Q3) Nikita Khrushchev Q4) 1924 Q5) Wolverine Looking good in the article! I hope the visit to the dentist goes well, considering...
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) 2000
ReplyDeleteQ2) Shameless
Q3) Nikita Khrushchev
Q4) 1924
Q5) Wolverine
Looking good in the article! I hope the visit to the dentist goes well, considering...
I still haven't read the book. I'll need to get to that! :)
ReplyDelete1. 2000
2. Shameless
3. Nikita Krushchev
4. 1924
5. Wolverine