Friday, 19 October 2018

The Man in the High Castle — Series 3 — Episodes 6 and 7: History Ends and Excess Animus

18th October, 2018


No, I’m right, aren’t I … ?

Stuff doesn’t get built to last!

I only changed the bulb in the lamp — the one in the lamp shade right next to my desk — a couple of days ago.

And … ?

And, JUST when I want to record an intro video, and want half way decent lighting … ?

‘Click,’ goes the bulb … 

And out goes the light.

I think I’m going to have to visit Poundland in the morning!

Or possibly Wilko’s, going by the web site!

At ANY rate … ?

It’s been a quiet day off … 

That’s seen me catching more TV.

You can tell I’m going to mention the third season of The Man in the High Castle, again, can’t you … ?

~≈§≈~


Episode 6 — History Ends — after she’s killed Joe (Luke Kleintank), Juliana (Alexa Davalos) is in a state of shock.

And turns to Wyatt (Jason O’Mara) for help.

She needs to get a the plans she’s taken from Joe’s corpse to Trade Minister Tagomi (Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa).
Episode 7 — Excess Animus —  sees the ruthless Inspector Kido (Joel de la Fuente) cox vital intelligence from Robert Childan (Brennan Brown).

Whilst Juliana is re-united with seem very old friends: Frank and Ed (Rupert Evens and DJ Qualls).

She’s thinking spreading the word about The Grasshopper Lies Heavy might just be useful … 

~≈§≈~

Now … you can possibly tell it’s — comparatively — late.

You’re looking at shorter and shorter reviews … !

Frankly?

At the moment, I want to go to bed, as I have a long working weekend ahead of me: AND need to buy lightbulbs!

But?

I want it on record that I’ve seen two more fantastic episodes, tonight: with History Ends, in particular, being a nail bitingly tense thriller of an episode.

Do I want more?

You bet!

The frustrating thing is that — as I’ve a long work week ahead of me? — it’s going to be a few days before I see more of The Man in the High Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.