27th January, 2019.
Right …
It’s a late night for me: as I’ve started writing this at, what … ?
Just coming up to 11:30 … ish.
Just coming up to 11:30 … ish.
And, frankly … ?
I’m just about ready to go to bed …
after I’ve finished my coca.
As the situation with iMovie is getting ridiculous.
Frankly?
The second of those intro videos was done with a free piece of software I’d found on the App Store, and wanted to try.
The curse of unemployment is simply the fact you have a lot of time on your hands.
No money to do anything — like buy new software — but time on your hands.
Tonight … ? After having dinner with my family?
I had time on my hands … and a desire to catch up with quite a few things.
Not least, El Ministerio Del Tiempo: The Ministry of Time, if you want that in English
I think I’m getting withdrawal symptoms!
~≈§≈~
Then again … ?
Then again, tomorrow is another day.
That’s when I can start catching up with the second season of El Ministerio Del Tiempo.
Much as I wanted to get started, there?
I do know there’s a few films in my collection I wanted to watch.
The one I ended up with … ?
And had been meaning to see since I’d catch the original 1956 version?
Was the 1978, Donald Sutherland vehicle, Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
I think I’ve made the right decision, there …
~≈§≈~
This version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers is set in San Francisco: and opens with Dr Matthew Bennell (Donald Sutherland) of ’Frisco’s Public Health Department, raiding a local restaurant.
Meanwhile?
His colleague, Elizabeth Driscoll (Brooke Adams), has discovered an interesting flower on the streets: and taken it to the home she share with her partner, Geoffrey (Art Hindle).
Only to find, in the morning, that Geoffrey seems a little …
Distant …
It’s only when Elizabeth mentions this to Matthew … ?
That he suggests chewing it over with old friend, and noted psychiatrist, Dr. David Kibner (Leonard Nimoy.)
It’s only then, things start taking a downturn.
As, on the way to a book launch organised by Kibner, Matthew and Elizabeth see a hysterical man run down, and die: with the crowd unconcerned by his death.
And, at the party … ?
A woman, and client of Kibner’s, insisting her husband isn’t who he was.
All that … ?
And there’s a lot of blooming flowers around …
~≈§≈~
Right …
What do you think I’ll be saying, here … ?
Good?
Bad … ?
Indifferent … … ?
It’s the first of them, to be honest.
This remake of Invasion of The Body Snatchers is a great little film: the acting’s good, the writing, nicely done, the effects? Disturbing, without being gruesome.
It also sees a guest performance from Leonard Nimoy that I, for one, welcomed. I’m so used to seeing him as Spock, that seeing him in anything else is welcome.
And there’s quite a twist in the tail, as well.
Frankly?
The 1978 version of Invasion of The Body Snatchers is worth your time: and an improvement on the original
Invasion of The Body Snatchers
★★★☆

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.