8th February, 2019.
Yep: I think — having looked out of my window, earlier — that I’m right.
When I say it’s awful out.
I’ll be frank, I don’t think it’s stopped raining since this morning, when I went out.
And looked grim, ever since.
Frankly?
I’m just glad I’ve had some laundry and cleaning up to do.
Along side the inevitable job-hunting …
Oy … !
~≈§≈~
One other thing I also noted in today’s introductory video?
Is that it’s Friday.
But you’ve possibly already guessed that bit, haven’t you … ?
It’s Friday.
And, for the past few Fridays?
And, yes: it’s VERY frantic …
~≈§≈~
Episode 4 — An Obol for Charon — sees the crew of the Discovery on still on Spock’s trail.
Captain Pike (Anson Mount) has received a visit from Number One (Rebecca Romijn*): looking in on her commanding officer with details of the shuttle Spock has stolen … including it’s warp trail …
There’s only one thing stopping the Discovery getting anywhere near the fleeing Vulcan officer.
A large — very large — biomechanical sphere that’s holding the Discovery at a dead stop …
And seemingly, killing the Discovery’s highly empathic first officer, Saru (Doug Jones).
Science officer Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) has her work cut out for her.
And that’s before she finds out what’s happening to Ensign Tilly (Mary Wiseman) …
~≈§≈~
Now …
Am I enjoying this series?
Yes, I am, actually.
Granted, this week’s episode is rather frantic: series one, I think, was slow in comparison.
On the other hand? The story arc — the search for a potentially psychotic Spock — was tucked areaway, neatly: allowing the writers to concentrate on the immediate — and large — problem the characters were facing.
And allowing a little character development on the way: the relationship between Michael and Saru … ? Has grown. a little.
There’s something else, too.
In amongst the seriousness?
Ensign Tilly has an Amusing Comedy Hair Moment …
You can’t get enough of those, can you … ?
* Not that I’m an expert on make up … But I can help but think in designing Rebecca Romijn make up this episode? They’ve gone for a very 1960s colour palette. Which — to me, at any rate — makes sense. The original series Enterprise was supposed to be be a sci-fi version of a 1960s US battleship. So 1960s in as much as possible? Well …



No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.