24th December, 2021.
Right …
I’ve got a plateful of fish and chips to eat, tonight.
And?
Once I’m done with them, I’m going to be watching another episode of The Evil of The Daleks!
I have to confess: I like doing binge watching, the old fashioned way: one epidote at a time!
I’ll be right back!
I think we can safely say I’m back!
As I had the money, this month? Dinner was take-away fish and chips.
Why we traditionally have fish on a Friday — Christmas Eve or otherwise? — I honestly couldn’t tell you.
My dinner is possibly beside the point, here.
It’s Friday.
Which — by now — you’ll’ve realised means one thing.
~≈📺≈~
Episode 3 picks up from Episode 2, and shows us that Jamie has been kidnapped by Toby (Windsor Davies), and brought before Toby’s employer: the mysterious Arthur Terrall (Gary Watson.)
Terrall?
Is genuinely in two minds: at one moment demanding to know if Jamie knows where Victoria Waterfield is: then claiming she was in Paris.
Back at Maxtible Mansion … ? The Daleks have told the Doctor exactly want they want of him.
Or, rather, Jamie.
The Daleks want to isolate what they call the Human Factor: the emotions and reactions that makes humans, human.
They want to add this to three inactive Daleks: and turn them into super Daleks.
All they need, to do that?
Is for the Doctor to record Jamie’s emotional state: whilst he battles bats, hidden doors … and a formidable guard called Kemal.
~≈📺≈~
Now … three episodes in, and have I got any issues?
There’s one minor one: Mr Perry isn’t in this episode, so we don’t get to see his incredible travelling buttonhole.
Which is minor: it gave me a lot of amusement, when I noticed it in episode one, but it’s minor!
Moving on?
Have I done the episode down: in giving it such a short description?
Possibly.
But?
I’ve come away from another episode learning what the Daleks are trying to do, and being introduced to the mysterious Mr Terrall … and seeing Jamie being menaced at the close of another, great episode.
Frankly?
I’m going to be seeing in the New Year — next Friday, in other words — with episode four.
I hope you care to join me.
Episode 3★★★★
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.