Q1)A coup was launched on 23rd January, 2022. Where: Burkina Faso, Cape Verde or Djibouti?
Q2)President Nixon appeared on TV: on 23rd January, 1973. To announce what: his resignation, a Vietnam War peace deal, or the collapse of the US dollar?
Q3)23rd January is World Freedom Day. In South Korea … and where else: Thailand, Taiwan or Saudi Arabia?
Q4)23rd January is the Feast Day of Saint Marianne of Moloka’i. Where is Moloka’i: Hawaii, Michigan or Alaska?
Q5)Finally … ? Milton Keynes was founded on 23rd January. In which years of the 1960s?
A3)Memory. RAM is the short-term storage your computer uses: for stuff it’s currently doing.
Q4)The modern Macintosh has an operating system: software that lets you use your computer. What’s the Mac’s operating system called: macOS, Ubuntu or Windows 11?
* Yeah: alcohol issues seem to go with the Barrymore name, Olga.
The weight management meeting went well enough: I’m down a few grams! Can you remind me to get bran flakes, please, Olga, they may help!
† Hello, Mum!
‡ It’s certainly that, Debbi!
Totally off thread? You know the Girl in the original Super Bowl ad was a model called Anya Major? She crops up in the video for “Nikita”, about 18 months later. (If I remember the rumour, correctly? The real Nikita was supposed to be a Russian border guard Elton had a fling with, back in the day.)
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) Burkina Faso
ReplyDeleteQ2) a Vietnam War peace deal
Q3) Taiwan
Q4) Hawaii
Q5) 1967
Good for the weight loss. Oh, and remember the brand flakes!
1 a Burkino Faso
ReplyDelete2 Resignation
3 Taiwan
4 Hawali
5 1967
Didn't know that. But I've heard that Milton Keynes has a Doctor Who museum. :)
ReplyDelete1. Burkina Faso
2. a Vietnam War peace deal
3. Taiwan
4. Hawaii
5. 1967