23rd November, 2026.
Wouldn’t you know it?
It’s payday!
Which means I’m going to be going bill paying and shopping, later!
Gosh … the excitement … !
~≈¥≈~
On a more serious note?
There’s a certain amount of worry involved with the shopping and bill paying.
Or, at least, the bill paying aspect of the trip.
I pay my rent, and my internet bill, in the main, High Street, branch of Brentwood Post office: and have done for many years.
It’s convenient: as it means I can make one visit to the High Street, and get most of the stuff I need to do in one trip.
That branch is in the local TG Jones: the former WH Smiths.
A branch of TG Jones that — as it turns out — is to close in early January of 2027.
As, consequently, is the post office.
I’m …
I think the best way of describing how I feel is to say “I’m not happy about that”.
I’m not happy about that.
For one thing?
The nearest alternative post office is the same sort of distance away: but in the opposite direction.
Given I can’t pay my gas and electricity bills in the High Street?
The closure means I have to walk double the distance to get things done.
Right now?
I can only hope the Post Office finds an alternative, High Street-based, cheap, venue.
That would be helpful to me: and many others in town …
~≈📮≈~
As a final thought … ?
I first knew about the closure when Brentwood’s Conservative MP, Alex Burghart, announced it through Facebook, a few days ago.
This was rapidly followed by a announcement from Brentwood’s Liberal Democrat controlled council: saying they’re heard nothing.
I grant you: members of different political parties not talking to each other is understandable.
But?
The fact Brentwood’s MP, and Brentwood’s Council, haven’t talked to each other about this?
Is something that has made me angry!
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) NCIS debuted on 23rd September. Of which year: 2002, 2003 or 2004?Q2) The real world NCIS is a law enforcement body for the US what: Army, Navy or Airforce?Q3) Kublai Khan was born on 23rd September, 1215. He was the first Yuan dynasty emperor of where: Japan, China or Korea?Q4) Walter Pigeon was born on 23rd September, 1897. He played Dr Edward Morbius in which 1956, science fiction film?Q5) Finally … ? Julio Iglesias was born on 23rd September, 1943. In which Spanish city?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Anura Kumara Dissanayake was elected to office on 22nd September, 2024. Elected to office as the ninth president of where: India, Sri Lanka or Tamil Nadu?A1) Sri Lanka. He assumed office on the 23rd.Q2) 22nd September is Resistance Fighting Day. Where: Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania?A2) Estonia.Q3) 22nd September is the feast of Saint Maurice. He’s a patron saint of where: Austria, Belarus or Croatia?A3) Austria.Q4) Charlie’s Angels debuted on 22nd September 1976. On which US tv network: ABC, CBS or NBC?A4) ABC.Q5) Finally … ? Fay Weldon was born on 22nd September, 1931. Her book, The Life and Love of a She Devil, was published in which year of the 1980s?A5) 1983. (The BBC’s version aired in 1986.)
Here’s a thought …
“I was like a kept woman during my twenty-one years at MGM.”Walter Pidgeon, September 23, 1897 – September 25, 1984.
And music from John Coltrane …
The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Godzilla.
The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! ((It was Estonia, Mum, rather than Latvia!)
† He’s very well spoken, Debbi. Mind you, so’s Michael Sheen, Gareth David-Lloyd and Richard Burton … !

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.