Friday, 22 February 2013

The Daily Teaser — 22-2-2013

Oh… my … LORD … !

I think … 

No, scrub that, I’m convinced the weather is doing me no good.

It is, right now, bloody freezing out: as I’m sure you can work out from the attached photo.

I’m feeling as sick as the proverbial parrot.

Frankly … ?   Frankly, I’ve not coughed like this since the days I smoked.

To get ironic … ?

Yummy … !

Let’s get moving on, shall we?   Before I cough up a lung … 

~~~~~

Yesterday’s themed Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with bagging 6 out of 6, she also confessed she love to visit the UK again*.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s Chuck Jones themed questions.

Here there are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 22nd February, 2002, saw the death of animator, Chuck Jones.   Name any of the three characters to feature in his ‘Hunting Trilogy’ of shorts … ?
Q2) More to the point, with which film studio did he made the Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes cartoons … ?
Q3) Jones also — at one point — worked on which cat and mouse cartoons … ?
Q4) Which skunk did Jones work on … ?
Q5) And finally … which Chuck Jones directed cartoon is set to a Richard Wagner soundtrack … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 21st February is International Mother Language Day, as promoted by UNESCO: what does UNESCO stand for … ?
A1) United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization.
Q2) How many official languages does the UN have … ?
A2) Six.
Q3) Name one of them.
A3) Arabic, Chinese, English, French , Russian and Spanish.
Q4) How many languages are spoken in Africa … ?
A4) Between 2,100 and 3, 000.
Q5) What’s the only Semitic language native to Europe: Yiddish, Maltese or Neo-Aramaic … ?
A5) Maltese.
Q6) According to Wikipedia, how many languages are indigenous to the British Isles … ?
A6) 11. (That includes Jersey French, but not necessarily the dialects of Norman French that are native to the Channel Isles.   And there’s a dialect of Scottish Gælic spoken in Canada … )
Q7) And finally … how many living languages are spoken in China … ?
A7) 292.
I’ll leave you with these wise words from Chuck jones himself …
“A comedian is not a person who opens a funny door — he's the person who opens a door funny.”
Chuck Jones
And something of a ditty … 












*        Actually, South California might be better, at this time of year, Debbi: it’s DEFINITELY cold … !   Make sure you bring a jumper.   AND a scarf … !


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Paul! :) It was great talking to you. I'd rather be somewhere warmer, too. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    1. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
    2. Warner Bros.
    3. Tom and Jerry
    4. Pepé Le Pew
    5. What's Opera, Doc?

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.