Saturday, 2 March 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2-3-2019: Sterling Stuff

2nd March, 2019.

OK … it’s not often I use this sort of language in an intro video … 


But I’m not exactly what you call happy … 

No … 

Remember, a couple of weeks ago, I had an interview at BT’s Brentwood office?

Unless I’ve got it very wrong, I was due to be told, yesterday.

Did I hear a thing … ?

… 

… …

… … … 

No.

Yes: I know I started complaining about this, last night … 

But, if you tell a potential receipt you’re going to get in touch, one way or the other, to let them know if they’re hired or not … ?

You should.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The Bank of England released the first £1 and £2 notes on 2nd March, 1797.   What’s the smallest Bank of England note, currently in circulation?
Q2) Who — apart from the Queen — is pictured on that note?
Q3) The new polymer notes in the UK caused controversy: as they contained what?
Q4) Who — apart from the Queen — is pictured on the current Bank of England £10 note?
Q5) Finally … ?   What’s the highest Bank of England note in current, general, circulation?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 1st March is Saint David’s Day.   The saint is patron of Wales.   Wales … and who else: writers, painters or poets?
A1) Poets.
Q2) He’s also patron saint of whom: chefs, vegetarians or cheesemakers?
Q3) Kate Roberts was a noted Welsh writer.   In which language?
A3) Welsh.
Q4) The Welsh flag features a red dragon on an green and white background.   The green and white background are a nod to the now Royal house that has its originals in Wales.   Which house IS that?
A4) The House of Tudor.
Q5) Finally … ?   Glamorgan sausage is made out of what: pork, cheese or beef?
A5) Cheese.
Here’s a quote from a banknote …
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!”
From Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.
And a song or three …







Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning, Badwolf!   (Thought you’d get yesterday’s Tudor question!)

†        I’m not saying a word, Debbi!

3 comments:

  1. (1)£5 note(2)Churchill(3) tallow(4)Jane Auten (5) £50

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okey doke! :)

    1. 5 pound (or pound-thingie, as I like to call them :-))
    2. Winston Churchill
    3. animal fat
    4. Jane Austen
    5. 50 pound (thingie!)

    Don't mind me. I've been trying to organize. It. Isn't. Fun. Ugh.

    Good luck with the job search. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, while cleaning, I found a printout of this: http://secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/InverlairLodge

    I think there are more stories in there somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.