Q1)19th August is the feast day of Saint Louis of Toulouse. He’s a patron saint of which Spanish city: Teruel, Toledo or Valencia?
Q2)19th August is Afghan Independence Day. It mark’s the country’s independence from which European nation?
Q3)Philo T. Farnsworth was born on 19th August, 1906. His fusor device was supposed to star what king of reaction: nuclear fission, nuclear fusion or oxidation?
Q4)Ginger Baker was born on 19th August, 1939. He played what: bass, drums, lead guitar or rhythm guitar?
Q5)Finally … ? 19th August is the 231st day of a non-leap year. What is it in a leap year?
The next 10 question sets are on 26th August, and 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.
There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’sTeaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (It was Manchester United, 1783 and 1916, rather than Accrington Stanley, 1787 and 1915, Mum.)
† It was a fun series, Debbi: although I don’t know if it’s available, anywhere.
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 Valencia
ReplyDelete2 UK
3 Nuclear fusion
4 Drummer
5 233
There was a time during the 70s when I hardly watched anything on TV. Or maybe there was a show or two I liked, but didn't really follow.
ReplyDeleteAt that time, I hadn't a clue there was a show called Doctor Who!
Can you imagine? :)
1. Valencia
2. the UK
3. nuclear fusion
4. drums
5. the 232nd day