Monday, 3 August 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3rd August 2026

3rd August, 2026.


Earworms … are insidious, sometimes.

But?

I don’t get songs banging around my head.

No: I’ll get the occasional word floating around in my mind.

At the moment, I’ve got the words, ‘yurt’, and ‘yonk’, filling the earworm shaped hole.

I still don’t know why this happens.

If I did … ?

Well, I’d possibly be rich … !

~≈🏕️≈~

At any rate … ?

It’s Monday: and the day for my weight management weigh-in.

I’m nervous: as my weight was up, last week.

I’ll have to see how it goes!

~≈⚖️≈~

I keep half an eye on politics: even is I’m not sure I can follow a political argument, or a party’s policies.

One thing I do know?

Is that some things can get very silly.

We have a by-election in Clacton, next week: called after the resignation of the (then) sitting MP, Nigel Farage of Reform.

There’s possibly lots to discuss: including the fact that Count Binface seems to be the only serious contender.

One thing I did notice, though … ?

Was a news piece from the BBC’s website.

A piece that tells us the ballot for the election is one of the longest in British political history.

I suspect Count Binface will do well off the back of that.

I believe that — in that situation — most of us wouldn’t wade through the complete list: would go for a name we recognise.

And that, given the names are in alphabetical order?

People will come across Binface well before they get to Farage.

I can only hope.

I’d love to see Nigel’s face, if he loses … 

~≈🗳️≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum scoring four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Loni Anderson died on 3rd August, 2025.   She played Liz Bartlett in which 1988 film: Necessity, Whisper Kill or Too Good to Be True?

Q2)        John Rut sent the first letter from North America: on 3rd August, 1527.   He sent it from what’s now which Canadian Province?

Q3)        The Sky Tower, the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere, opened on 3rd August, 1997.   It’s in which English speaking nation?

Q4)        Yang Shangkun was born on 3rd August, 1907.   He was a president of where: the Republic of China, or the People’s Republic of China?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Kirk Brandon was born on 3rd August, 1956.   He was the frontman for which band: Spear of Destiny, the Jesus and Mary Chain or New Model Army?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        2nd August is Our Lady of The Angels Day.   Where: Costa Rica, Mexico or Ecuador?
A1)        Costa Rica.

Q2)        It’s also the feast day of Saint Plegmund.   He’d been a medieval archbishop of where: Winchester, Canterbury or York?
A2)        Canterbury.   (Apparently, he was picked for the job by Alfred the Great, himself.)

Q3)        2nd August is Republic Day.   Where: Greece, North Macedonia or Turkey?
A3)        North Macedonia.

Q4)        A fire broke out at the Summerland leisure centre: on 2nd August, 1973.   Fire, and leisure centre, were where: the Isle of Man, the Isle of Wight, or Jersey?
A4)        The Isle of Man.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The first US Census began on 2nd August.   Of which year of the 1790s?
A5)        1790.
Here’s a thought …
“Many of our veteran comrades have made their contributions to the life-and-death struggles.”
Yang Shangkun, (3 August 1907[1] – 14 September 1998.)
And a Tasmin Archer song …


The next 10 question sets are on 11th August, 26th August, the 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about World Steel Pan Day, International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.

There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!   (It was Republic Day in North Macedonia. Mum, not Turkey).

        Are we talking about Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, there, Debbi … ?   I get the impression he’s a bit of a twit … 

No comments: