Friday, 2 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd October 2026

2nd October, 2026.


Right … I’ve had my annual gas safety check!

And … ?

It has to be said, the chap that did it was both polite, quick and … 

Umm … 

Something else flattering: that I’ll add when my brain decides what to add!

About the only thing he forgot?

Was to re-pressurise the boiler, when he went.

It’s a good thing thing I knew how to do that: I’d’ve had no heating, this morning!

~≈🔥≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Philip Oakey was born on 2nd October, 1955.   He was the lead singer of which band: Depeche Mode, the Human League or Heaven 17?

Q2)        2nd October is the feast day of Saint Leodegar of Poitiers.   He’s the patron saint of whom: bakers, millers or farmers?

Q3)        Which US president suffered a stroke on 2nd October, 1919: William H. Taft, Woodrow Wilson or Warren G. Harding?

Q4)        Opus Dei was founded on 2nd October, 1928.   It’s a religious organisation that owes its allegiance to which church: the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of England or the Alabama Church of Christ Compassionate?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Freedom of Information Act were signed into law by the US president: on 2nd October, 1996.   By which US president?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        1st October is the first day of October.   How many days are there, in October?
A1)        31.

Q2)        It’s the tenth month of the modern Gregorian calendar.   What month was it to the Ancient Romans: the tenth, ninth or eighth?
A2)        The eighth.

Q3)        In the UK, October is what: Women’s Month, Black History Month or South Asian History Month?
A3)        Black History Month.

Q4)        October is also the Month of the Holy Rosary.   According to whom: the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the Church of England or the Roman Catholic Church?
A4)        The Roman Catholic Church.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The October Country was penned by which US writer: Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury or Robert Heinlein?
A5)        Ray Bradbury.
Here’s a thought …
“I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.”
Groucho Marx, October 2, 1890 – August 19, 1977.
And a Don McLean song …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla and Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!   (It was the eighth month, and Ray Bradbury, Mum, rather than the ninth month, and Robert Heinlein.)

†        Yes: the whole street’s name after sports people, Debbi.   I think the building over the road is named after a rugby player.   (League, rather than union.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.