Sunday, 12 June 2011

Predators: Blood, Ichor And BIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG Jungles … !

Do you remember me telling you I felt surprisingly un-tired, this morning … ?

You don’t … ?

Shame on you … !

It’s not as if I didn’t mention it … !

But, at any rate, I’m pretty certain of why I was expecting to feel as tired as I didn’t.

You see, Kevin D and I decided to have something of a quiet lads night in — at his place — with a movie, lots of tea, his pack of menthol fags, my pack of mint nicotine gums, a hell of a lot of peanut coated M&Ms …

And a movie, in case you’d not worked what — occasionally — get up to of a Saturday night …

The film, last night … ?

Was the 2010, Robert Rodrigues production, Predators.

And I’ve got to confess, I’m thinking “Hmmm … ” …

»»·««
Predators sees Adrian Brody as mercenary, Royce: a man who finds himself waking up some distance from the ground, with a parachute just opening as he gets nearer the ground.

Just as he’s getting nearer and nearer to some very unfriendly ground, indeed …

It turns out he’s not the only one.

He’s part of a group of people who’ve been kidnapped and dumped in a harsh — and unfamiliar — area of jungle.

One that’s both unfamiliar to him, or his allies, has — seemingly — no magnetic North, and very long days …

But is also somewhere where the informal team is being hunted …

By …

Well …

All sorts of things.

Including the by-now-famed predators of the title.

»»·««

Now, here, I think, is where I’m going to confess something, I think …

Predators … ?

Didn’t exactly grab me …

Now, to be fair, I know that Kevin preferred it to some of the earlier entries in the series: he felt that the various Aliens Vs Predators entries had a few too many logical holes — in both franchise backstories — for his happiness.

And it IS entertaining.

Personally, though … ?

Personally, I’ve got to admit, I’m wasn’t EXACTLY stunned by Predators: I’m thinking, here, that it’s fundamentally a very updated retread of the Arnold Schwarzenegger original.

And one I personally feel adds very little — bar rival factions of Predators — to the franchise’s ongoing background*.

Personally … ?

Personally, I know Kevin will disagree with me, here: but I’m going to HAVE to give Predators the following, score and leave you with the trailer.

That way … ?

If you think I’m wrong, you can’t say I didn’t tell you … !
Predators
★☆☆☆

*        Something I felt that Alien Vs Predator entry did, much more successfully: I also have to admit that it’s something I felt that Terminator: Salvation far more successfully, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.