Q1)6th June, 2002, saw a near-Earth asteroid explode over which sea: the Mediterranean Sea, the Ionian Sea or Sea of Azov?
Q2)Diego Velázquez was baptised on 6th June. Of which year: 1599, 1601 or 1603? (No-one mention Goya!)
Q3)6th June, 1889, saw a fire destroy which US city: Los Angeles, San Francisco or Seattle?
Q4)6th June is the feast day of Saint Marcellin Champagnat. He’s a patron saint of whom: teachers, firefighters or cheesewrights?
Q5)The largest seaborne invasion in history started on 6th June, 1944. Known as Operation Neptune, it was an Allied invasion of where: Brittany, Normandy or Hauts-de-France?
The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* I think that depends on the Constitution, Olga: or possibly Dad! :D
And I know what you mean about use: I’m good on the html tags and bits of grammar I use on a regular basis … but need the reminders around. My copy of Harts is never far away. It’s right next to English Grammar for Dummies!
Yeah … I always think there’s a certain amount of booing is acceptable … but there’s possibly a line, somewhere.
You HAVE to love Max, don’t you? I’ve got the US series, somewhere, I’m going to have to watch it!
† Max could be spot on, sometimes, Debbi! (Actually, Channel Four did a campaign a few years ago: when the UK went from analogue to digital signals: and used Max as the face of the campaign. It was nice to see the old boy in action!)
Q5) Normandy Let's see how it goes for Boris. And I can see your point. Fingers crossed! And if you get to watch Max Headroom's US version, let us know.
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) The Mediterranean Sea
ReplyDeleteQ2) 1599
Q3) Seattle
Q4) teachers
Q5) Normandy
Let's see how it goes for Boris. And I can see your point. Fingers crossed! And if you get to watch Max Headroom's US version, let us know.
Good old Max. We now have a cat named Max. Good name. :)
ReplyDelete1. the Mediterranean Sea
2. 1599
3. Seattle
4. teachers
5. Normandy (aka D-Day!)