Sunday, 18 May 2025

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18-5-2025 — The Protectorate of Tonga

18th May, 2025: the Protectorate of Tonga.


Right … I’ve officially made a mess of a video!

At some point, today, this video is going to get taken down … 


Because … ?

I made a hash of the audio … !

I’m currently rebuilding it: hopefully, that won’t affect the viewing figures.

But … ?

That’s what happens when you do late night video editing … when so knackered you don’t double check things!

Arrrggghhh!

~≈🏗️≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Debbi† and Irene‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

The day also saw Olga§ leaving us a message, here.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s five question set, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        18th May saw Tonga named as a protectorate.   On 18th May of which year: 1900, 1902 or 1904?

Q2)        It was a protectorate of where: the UK, Germany or France?

Q3)        The country is where: the southern Pacific, northern Pacific or northern Atlantic?

Q4)        The country has some one hundred and seventy-one islands.   Roughly how many are inhabited: thirty-five, forty-five or fifty-five?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Tonga has a state religion: true or false?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The first multiparty elections were held on 17th May, 1994.   Where: Algiers, Malawi or the USSR?
A1)        Malawi.

Q2)        Writer, Dennis Potter, was born on 17th May, 1935.   Which Potter-penned piece sees Colin Jeavons play Donald: The Singing Detective, Blackeyes or Blue Remembered Hills?
A2)        Blue Remembered Hills.

Q3)        17th May is Navy Day.   Where: Argentina, Peru or Mexico?
A3)        Argentina.

Q4)        17th May, 1805, saw Muhammad Ali named as Wāli of where: Algeria, Egypt or Libya?
A4)        Egypt.

Q5)        Finally … ?   617 Squadron RAF, began raids on three German rivers: on 17th May, 1943.   These raids were commonly known as the what raids?
A5)        The Dambusters Raids.
Here’s a motto …
“Ko e ʻOtua mo Tonga ko hoku tofiʻa”.
“God and Tonga are my inheritance”.
Tonga’s motto, in both Tongan and English.
And a national anthem …


The next ten question set will be on 28th May: it’s about the Old Firm!

Comments and answers will be published tomorrow morning.

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        You know, Debbi, there’s a line about Zygons that springs to mind, when people mention Calamari!


        Morning, Irene: how’s Jim … ?

§        OK: we’ll catch you when you look in, Olga: have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. 1 1900
    2 UK
    3 Southern Pacific
    4 45
    5 False

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q1) 1900

    Q2) the UK

    Q3) the southern Pacific

    Q4) forty-five

    Q5) False, although it seems that some laws favour Christian religion.
    It was a busy day. I finally got to meet the new mayor of Barcelona, who came for a visit. It was a nice day. Sunny and hot, although not too extreme.
    Today we’ve had a bird visit the nest several times. I think, judging by the size, that it might be one of the young ones, but I who knows? We’ll see if they decide to come back again and have more little ones. Perhaps the next generation want to reuse the nest. Or they only fancy a visit to their old home. I’ll keep you posted.
    Oh, I'll share some pics when they post the article. I know there are some award ceremonies coming up on Monday and Tuesday that the radio will be attending, so it might take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, there's an interesting thought!

    1. 1900
    2. the UK
    3. the southern Pacific
    4. forty-five
    5. false

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.