“The International Day of the Tropics celebrates the extraordinary diversity of the tropics while highlighting unique challenges and opportunities nations of the Tropics face.”
* Left-handers Day is on 13th August. You can read more about about it, here, and here. Earlier Left-hander’s Day quizzes can be found, here.
† Hello, Mum!
‡ Carefully reading a question is very good advise, Olga. I don’t know how many times I’ve embarrassed myself, setting a question … and getting it wrong, because I’ve not read it back and corrected it. Just don’t ask about mixing up ‘dive’, and ‘divine’: that’s the last time I’m writing a question about Roberto Baggio … !
White horse of Santiago? I’m going to have to nick that one, Olga … once I’ve looked it up … !
§ I hope today’s music is OK, Irene. Most of the days, the music is by someone born on the day: unless it’s a themed set, like today’s. (Left Hander’s day, this year, has a whole playlist!)
¶ I’ll try and avoid it, Debbi … ! :D Oh, season three of Strange New Worlds drops on 17th July.
Q5) the Sun The question about Santiago's horse in Spanish is this one: ¿De qué color es el caballo blanco de Santiago? It comes from a legend about the war to get the country back from the arabs in the early Middle Ages (the Reconquest), when it is said that during a battle (la Batalla de Clavijo) the Apostle Santiago appeared, mounting a white horse, to help the Christian side against the Muslims (and yes, they won).
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 Capricorn
ReplyDelete2 Cancer
3 Equator
4 Climate
5 Sun
Q1) Capricorn
ReplyDeleteQ2) The Tropic of Cancer
Q3) The Equator
Q4) climate
Q5) the Sun
The question about Santiago's horse in Spanish is this one: ¿De qué color es el caballo blanco de Santiago?
It comes from a legend about the war to get the country back from the arabs in the early Middle Ages (the Reconquest), when it is said that during a battle (la Batalla de Clavijo) the Apostle Santiago appeared, mounting a white horse, to help the Christian side against the Muslims (and yes, they won).
Right now, I'm consumed with movie-making thoughts. :)
ReplyDelete1. Capricorn
2. Cancer
3. the equator
4. climate
5. the Sun
1. Capricorn
ReplyDelete2. Cancer
3. Equator
4. Climate
5. The Sun