Sunday, 21 November 2010

Parking, Merlin and Asking you a different question …

You know, I’ve got to confess that, right at the moment, I’m mentally thinking “Have I got time for a quick one? Have I … ? I have … ?”

And the logical follow on from that little lot … ?

Is to happily say “Goody Gum Drops” … !

AHEM!

«•»

It’s late, I’m in burble territory …

Like you can’t tell …

«•»

At any rate, I few I’d post up a few things, quickly and simply …

Firstly … ?

You remember me saying that I’d picked up a copy of iWorks ’09, a couple of days ago … ?

One thing I know I’ve had to do is update my CV, just recently: simply enough done, but now I’ve got it out of the way and backed up, I thought I’d have a look at the iWorks Resume templates, to see if I couldn’t come up with something a touch more …

Attractive …

It looks like I can. But one thing that has got me baffled … ?

Is the bit at the top of most of the template’s that says ‘Profile’.

I know what it is: a quicky summary about myself.

But what on Earth do I put in it … ?

I mean, it’s not exactly how I learnt to do a CV, when I was at school, lets put it that way.

Basically?

If you can think of any (helpful) suggestions, I’d appreciate them.

We know how to leave comments, I hope … ? And when I say ‘Helpful*’, folks … !

«•»

Next up … ?

Is quite simple: bless her, I mailed Councillor Chilvers, earlier tonight: I’ve got a little idea brewing for a post, and asked her if she could dig up some details for me.

Which is when she pointed out that there’s a petition afoot, regarding my street.

What with one thing and another, it looks like the road will be adopted, but will also be having a repeat of some of the old problems, what with one thing and another.

But I’ll point you at her post: and the associated petition

«•»

And as a final thing … ?

You’ll’ve realised I’m something of a fan of Merlin, by now.

It’s not like it’s that hard to figure out …

And most of the time I try and do a review of a given night’s episode. And put up some footage, to make a point.

I didn’t get a chance to do that, last night

But I wanted to show you this scene, from last nights episode: mostly where it got me wondering if Bradley James is an Indiana Jones fan …


And do you remember me saying that — in this series — the writers have kept down the number of appearances by the Dragon?

When they have, though, it’s very dramatic to watch, I feel …


Oh, and as one last thing … ?

I happen to think this little bit was some thing of a cracker of a scene: The Sorcerer’s Shadow isn’t Love in the Time of Dragons. But this scene … ? Comes close …

Enjoy …
























* The Movie Night Gang — and Teaser regulars — know who they are … and better get those looks off their faces …

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.