
Oh … The Beeb …
It seems the BBC has just put up a little news article on the Technology part of their site.
One that caught my attention, certainly …
||»»•««||
Do you remember, a few months ago, I told you about a friend of mine called Kelly, who’d had a rather worrying call from a company in Bengal: basically, the company were trying to con Kelly into giving them remote access to her machine.
Kelly — bright woman that she is — refused, quite sensibly, to be convinced or conned.
||»»•««||
I did my usual thing of writing about this little incident: and emailing the Gazette, when they had a similar report.
Tonight, though, when I got home from work, I did my usual thing.
Of having dinner.
And browsing through the BBC’s teletext service while dinner was cooking.
And found an article — there and on the website — about the increasing number of scammers trying to pull off the same stunt …
||»»•««||
Now, ok, granted, others have covered this sort of thing.
And a lot better than I have.
But isn’t it nice to think you’ve scooped the BBC … ?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.