Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Left-handers Day: Coming Soon

Can I make a confession, here … ?

Can I … ?

You see, I’ll happily admit to anyone that meets me — as and when the conversation goes that way — that I’m left-handed.

A southpaw.

Cack-handed.

Which is possibly one of the more offensive terms for the simple fact that, in many of my day-to-day tasks I tend to prefer to use my left hand.

Writing and using a computer mouse are just two of them.

Oh …

And playing guitar … But that’shardly what I’d everyday, if you see what I mean …

But, at any rate, I’m a south paw.

One that’s written happily — if not as extensively as he’d’ve liked — about the fact.

»»·««

But while I’m a southpaw who’s love to add more about the subject, I’m ALSO going to happily admit that — I think — there’s not much I, as an individual, can add to the subject, except here and there.

Apart from one thing that I try to highlight, each year.

Did you know that, since 1976, August 13th — this coming Saturday, this year — is International Left-Handers Day?

Now, I’m not too sure about the group that first created or why they chose August 13th.

But … ?

But I do know I try and mention it, a few days before.

And do a couple of posters.

Oh …

AND do a teaser on the day.

And I’ll be honest … ?

I’m thinking southpaw, Leonardo da Vinci, would have NO problem with the upcoming video.

I think I’ve excelled myself with that one …



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.