Sunday, 10 November 2013

The Daily Teaser — 10-11-2013: How To Get To Sesame Street

RIGHT at the moment … ?

I have to admit, Safari‘s been on a go slow, this morning: mostly because I — along with every body else — now know the transmission time for The Day Of The Doctor.   I’ve been looking them up, to post them here.

23rd November, 2013, at 7:50pm.

Something I know I’ve booked up in my diary.

There’s ALSO a new trailer, as well: here … 


Let’s move on … 

~≈Ï≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and, Along with saying Hello to Councillor Chilvers, also bagged seven out of seven.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To,’ License and video … 

Q1) 10th November saw the broadcast of the debut episode of Sesame Street.   In which year of the 1960s?
Q2) The show was originally broadcast on the NET network: which stood for National Educational … what … ?
Q3) That network later became known as the PBS: or Public Broadcasting what: service, system or subject … ?
Q4) What’s the name of the production company behind Sesame Street … ?
Q5) The Muppets were originally used on the show: who created The Muppets … ?
Q6) Who’s the LARGEST Muppet on Sesame Street … ?
Q7) Finally … Name either of the two human actors who’ve been with the show since its première.
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 9th November, 1967, was the publication date for the first edition of Rolling Stone magazine.   The magazine was named after a song by whom … ?
A1) The big fellah, himself, Mr McKinley Morganfield: AKA Muddy Waters.
Q2) That first issue’s lead article was about which music festival: Monterey, Glastonbury or Woodstock … ?
A2) Monterey.
Q3) Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas was initially published in Rolling Stone: who wrote Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?
A3) The original Gonzo journalist, Hunter S. Thompson.
Q4) The UK edition of Rolling Stone ran from 1969 to 1972: and was called what … ?
A4) Variously as Friends Of Rolling Stone, , Friends or Frendz.
Q5) John Lennon, Paul McCartney, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Tina Turner, Donovan and Eric Clapton, have all appeared on which bit of the magazine … ?
A5) The cover.
Q6) Rolling Stone writer, Jon Landau, once wrote “I saw rock and roll future and its name is … ” … what … ?
Q7) Finally … who was Rolling Stone’s first editor … ?
Enjoy those.

I’ll leave you with this line from the very first show …
“Sally, you've never seen a street like Sesame Street. Everything happens here. You're gonna love it!”
Sesame Street character, Gordon Robinson, speaking on the very first show.
And with nothing other than this, as a song … 


Have a good day.


















*        Will do, Debbi, soon as I see her … !   She’s a busy woman … ! 

1 comment:

  1. Aren't we all? :)

    1. 1969
    2. Television
    3. system
    4. The Jim Henson Company
    Children's Television Workshop, then Sesame Workshop
    5. Jim Henson
    6. Big Bird
    7. Bob McGrath

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.