It’s officially official: I missed my weight management meeting, yesterday.
And I’m kicking myself.
Or, at least, kicking my innards!
I came down with a case of diarrhoea: one that seemingly started on Sunday.
Which meant … ?
I had to stop on the way: several times!
Which, ultimately meant I got to the meeting five minutes after the volunteers who run the meetings, had packed up and were putting things into car books.
* Those 12 o’clock shifts would actually finish around 12·20: as, inevitably, you’d be emptying bins, and ice buckets, cleaning the last of the glasses, wiping down tables, and putting the last of the stubborn punters into cabs. Or their cars: assuming they weren’t too drunk to drive …
† The Catalan version sounds just like the Simple English version, Olga: good with what it’s got, but not as extensive as it could be.
Weather wise … ? We’ve got more rain coming: I may need to get new shoes, I know that … ! As for the weight management … hopefully my innards will have calmed down, next week! (Irene said ‘Thank You’ … )
‡ Hello, Mum!
§ Thought you might appreciate it, Irene!
¶ Funny old thing, Debbi: I saw the original version in a Facebook group. Then Spiny Norman got mentioned … !
Q5) pharmacists. My mother is called María Magdalena (although she shortens it to Magda) I hope you are feeling better today, Paul. Things (I mean foods) go off quite quickly in the summer, and I am sure the weather doesn't help our body in general. New shoes sound like a good idea, although I can't bear wearing anything but sandals in the summer, so when it rains it gets complicated (and wet any way you look at it).
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 John Dillinger
ReplyDelete2 FBI
3 John Myall and the Bluesbreakers
4 Canada
5 Pharmacists
Q1) John Dillinger
ReplyDeleteQ2) the FBI
Q3) John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers
Q4) Malaysia
Q5) pharmacists. My mother is called María Magdalena (although she shortens it to Magda)
I hope you are feeling better today, Paul. Things (I mean foods) go off quite quickly in the summer, and I am sure the weather doesn't help our body in general. New shoes sound like a good idea, although I can't bear wearing anything but sandals in the summer, so when it rains it gets complicated (and wet any way you look at it).
I'm thinking I should start a club or something.
ReplyDeleteA Doctor Who club for OG Doctor Who lovers! Yeah, I know, I know ... I'm just a Yankee Doodle Doo, but still I just love the old ones. You know? :)
Or a Red Dwarf club! What do you think? :)
Or a Prisoner fan club! I know, I know ... Six of Something, etc. Yeah, well. :)
1. John Dillinger
2. the FBI
3. the Bluesbreakers
4. Malaysia
5. pharmacists
Ah, life. Hope the pubs can hold on a bit longer.
Drink responsibly, folks. That's the ticket. :)
Cheers! Be seeing you! :)