Wednesday, 11 September 2013

The Daily Teaser — 11-9-2013: The Day The World Changed

Wouldn’t you know it … ?

Somehow, I’ve woken up, this morning, with one hell of an ear-worm going through my head.

Linton Kwesi Johnson’s Reality Poem, from his Forces Of Victory.

Which is possibly a very appropriate piece to have going through my head: given today’s date.

Hmmm … 

Let’s give the man a turn, shall we?


And move on … 

~≈Ω≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: along with letting me know she’ll be letting me know, she also bagged five out of six.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To,’ License and video … 

Q1) 11th September saw the notorious attacks on the World Trade Centre, in New York.   In which year … ?
Q2) Name either of the flights that crashed into the World Trade Centre.
Q3) Which of the Towers collapsed first: North or South … ?
Q4) A third plane, American Airlines Flight 77, was crashed into where … ?
Q5) Finally … what informal name was to the World Trade Centre site, in the aftermath of the attacks … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 10th September, 1846, saw Elias Howe patent a sewing machine.   Which American actor and inventor made his fortune from his range of sewing machines … ?
A1) Isaac Singer.
Q2) 10th September, 1967, saw the people of where, vote to stay a UK dependency … ?
A2) Gibraltar.
Q3) More to the point, remaining British, rather than be part of which European country … ?
A3) Spain.
Q4) 10th September, 2002, saw which famously neutral country join the United Nations … ?
A4) Switzerland.
Q5) 10th September, 1939, saw the birth of Cynthia Powell: famously, whose first wife … ?
A5) John Lennon’s.
Q6) Finally … 10th September, 1823, saw who elected as President of Peru … ?
A6) Simon Bolivar.
Enjoy those.

Given the date, I’ll leave you with just this quote …
“We will rebuild. We're going to come out of this stronger than before, politically stronger, economically stronger. The skyline will be made whole again.”
New York Mayor, Rudy Giuliani.
Have a good day.
















*        It certainly does, at that, Debbi … !

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I'd completely forgotten about the 9/11 anniversary? I'll let you know about my idea as soon as possible.

    Between medical appointments and so on, things have been rough, but I'm hanging in there! :)

    1. 2001
    2. American Airlines Flights 11 and 175
    3. South
    4. the Pentagon
    5. Ground Zero

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.