Sunday, 9 March 2014

The Daily Teaser — 9-3-2014

Oh, well, that’s something … !

Turns out this week’s The Tomorrow People got repeated, last night!

Phew … !

Last night’s episode is proving as entertaining as always.

Personally, though?   I have to say, going on what I’ve seen of it Agents Of SHIELD is a better made series.

But I’ve given up on the latter, purely and simply because Channel 4’s had it on, then off, then on, then off, I’ve given up on it … !

Oy, veh … !

~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting her answers: and scoring five out of seven.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s teaser, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 9th March, 1964, saw the birth of actress, Juliet Binoche: what was the name of her début English language film … ?
Q2) 9th March, 1981, saw the jailing of rapist, John Lambe: who committed his crimes in areas not far from which motorway … ?
Q3) 9th March, 1997, saw an eclipse over parts of China, Siberia and Mongolia: a rare one that allowed what to be seen of those countries … ?
Q4) 9th March, 1925, saw bombing of parts of Pakistan take place, the first independent operation by the junior part of Britain’s armed forces.   What IS that force … ?
Q5) Finally … 9th March, 1954, saw the broadcast of an episode of a US documentary series, called See It Now: one highly critical of which US senator?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 8th March is International Women’s Day: marking the day women in Russia went on strike.   Which Russian Revolution did that strike kickstart … ?
Q2) In which Russian city was this … ?
A2) Saint Petersburg.   (Variously known as Petrograd and Leningrad, during parts of it’s history.)
Q3) 8th March, 1010, saw the completion of the Shahnameh: the epic poem describing the mythical history of which country: Iran, Afghanistan or Tajikistan … ?
A3) Iran.
Q4) 8th March saw tech company, Phillips, introduce the compact disc.   CD’s are optical discs: as are DVDs … and what else … ?
A4) Blu-ray discs.
Q5) In which year did Phillips release the CD … ?
A5) 1979.
Q6) 8th March, 1974, saw which airport open in Paris … ?
Q7) Finally … 8th March, 2000, saw the recovery of Donald Campbell’s boat, the Bluebell, from Coniston Water, in the Lake District.   In which English county is Coniston Water … ?
A7) Cumbria.
I’ll leave you with John Cale’s Paris 1919 … 


And this thought …
“I enjoyed the rich color spectrum of the earth. It is surrounded by a light blue aureole that gradually darkens, becoming turquoise, dark blue, violet, and finally coal black.”
Yuri Gagarin 9 March 1934 – 27 March 1968.
Enjoy your day … 









*        I know the episodes you mean, Debbi: those were Cybernauts … !   (Funny thing, Debbi, I’m sure I read — somewhere … ! — that the Borg, in Star Trek were partly inspired by the Cybermen.)

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't be surprised!

    1. The Unbearable Lightness of Being
    2. the M5
    3. Comet Hale-Bopp
    4. the Army Cadet Force
    5. Joseph R. McCarthy

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.