Saturday 1 August 2015

The Daily Teaser — 1-8-2015

You know, there’s times I loved working nights.

Then there’s times I don’t.

Either way … ?

Either way, last night was one of those where I finished at 10:30.

And boy, I ’m grateful I wasn’t finishing any later than that.

Not that it was excessively busy.   Well, not for a Friday, anyway.

But … ?

Hmmm … 

Have you ever felt that, sometimes, an evening will feel … odd?

Just have a plain old odd emotional tone?

That was how I was felling, last night.

The evening felt … odd.

Cie la vie … !

~≈Ÿ≈~

But let’s get a move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring four an half out of six.

Let’s see how everyone does with does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) Which F1 driver was hospitalised after a crash: on 1st August, 1976?
Q2) An uprising started, during World War 2, against Nazi occupation: on 1st August, 1944.   In which European city?
Q3) Vigdís Finnbogadóttir was elected as the world’s first democratically elected, female head of state: on 1st August, 1980.   She was president of which country?
Q4) 1st August, 1960, saw Islamabad named as its country’s federal capital.   WHICH country?
Q5) Finally … 1st August, 1291, saw the signing of the Federal Charter of 1291.   The Charter saw the founding of the Old Swiss Confederacy.   What do we now call the Confederacy?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 31st July was Black Tot Day.   In which year: 1969, 1970 or 1971?
A1) 1970.
Q2) The day was the last in which the Royal Navy issued what: uniforms, a rum ration or orders?
A2) A rum ration.
Q3) 31st July, 1930, saw the debut of The Shadow: as the narrator of the radio show called Detective Story Hour.   In which year did The Shadow Magazine debut: 1930, 1931 or 1932?
A3) 1931.
Q4) 31st July, 2007, saw the end of Operation Banner: the British’s army’s longest running operation.    Where WAS Operation Banner?
Q5) 31st July see the High Court of Justice close.   The closure comes at the end of what’s called what: Trinity Term, Easter Term or Hilary Term?
Q6) Finally … 31st July, 1974, saw the birth of actress, Emilia Fox: star of Silent Witness.   Which jackal is her father?
A6) Actor, Edward Fox: who played the Jackal, in the 1973 version of Day Of The Jackal.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“When I was 14 years old, I decided I could cook. It was either that or puberty.”
Dom DeLuise, August 1, 1933 – May 4, 2009.
And this song from Ramplin’ Jack Elliott … 


Have a good day … !







*        I’ think I’m going to agree with you, there, Debbi!   (I’ve been blogging all this time: and LORD, I don’t think I’ve made much on the advertising.   I’m blaming AdBlockPlus … !)

2 comments:

Debbi said...

The money online is tight these days. I think you're going to like the video I've planned for Wednesday! :)

You'll recognize the music. :)

1. Niki Lauda
2. Warsaw
3. Iceland
4. Pakistan
5. Switzerland

Olga said...

Q1) Which F1 driver was hospitalised after a crash: on 1st August, 1976? Niki Lauda
Q2) An uprising started, during World War 2, against Nazi occupation: on 1st August, 1944. In which European city? Warsaw
Q3) Vigdís Finnbogadóttir was elected as the world’s first democratically elected, female head of state: on 1st August, 1980. She was president of which country? Iceland
Q4) 1st August, 1960, saw Islamabad named as its country’s federal capital. WHICH country? Pakistan
Q5) Finally … 1st August, 1291, saw the signing of the Federal Charter of 1291. The Charter saw the founding of the Old Swiss Confederacy. What do we now call the Confederacy? Switzerland
I seem to have missed your post for yesterday... Although I'm not into Formula 1 I enjoyed the movie Rush.
I know what you mean about things feeling odd. I've had a weird day today...