Wednesday 27 January 2016

The Daily Teaser — 27-1-2016

Ah-HA!

I’ve done it!

I’ve officially sold the laptop I was selling.   To a local hairdresser, to be honest, and for a reasonable good price.

Enough for Ruth to get an amount of cash she was happy with.

And for me to treat myself to take out fish chips and a movie.

It’s all good!

~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 27th January is Holocaust Memorial Day: marking the day Auschwitz Concentration Camp was liberated by Soviet troops.   The Nazi-run Holocaust was what kind of crime: homicide, regicide or genocide?
Q2) 27th January, 1984, saw singer Michael Jackson suffer serious burns.   After filming an advert for what: Pepsi, Coca Cola or Dr Pepper?
Q3) 27th January, 1944, saw the birth of drummer, Nick Mason.   Which English band has he drummed for, since 1965?
Q4) 27th January, 2006, saw Western Union stop sending what: text messages, email or telegrams?
Q5) Finally … nuclear testing started at the US testing ground at Frenchman Flat: on 27th January, 1951.   Test and Flat are in which US state?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Elizabeth ‘Libby’ Lane was ordained, on 26th January, 2015.   As the first female bishop for whom: the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of England or the Russian Orthodox Church?
Q2) An earthquake hit Gujarat: on the 26th January, 2001.   Gujarat is a state in which federal republic?
A2) India.   (It’s in western India.)
Q3) 26th January is Australia Day.   The public holiday marks the day European colonists landed in Port Jackson: in what’s now which Australian city?
A3) Sydney.
Q4) 26th January, 1837, saw the 26th state of the USA join the union.   Which state are we talking about?
A4) Michigan.
Q5) Finally … the Great Blizzard hit Ohio and the Great Lakes area: on 26th January of which year of the 1970s?
A5) 1978.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“If you want to inspire confidence, give plenty of statistics – it does not matter that they should be accurate, or even intelligible, so long as there is enough of them.”
Lewis Carroll, 27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898.
And this tune … 


Have a good day … 










*        I might surprise you, Debbi: I used to be a barman, remember?   Some of the comments I’ve heard make Hitler sound liberal … 

†        Ta-DAH!   I managed to sell the laptop, Olga!   At LAST!   (The real irony … ?   Is that someone saw the poster about it I’d put in my window: and phoned to ask if it was still for sale.   About ten minutes AFTER I sold the thing … !)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Genocide
Q2) Pepsi
Q3) Pink Floyd
Q4) Telegrams
Q5) Nevada (Test and Flat?)
Good news about the computer. I watched the first episode of Lucifer yesterday with Tom Ellis (I couldn't remember where I knew him from until he checked. Miranda, of course)

Debbi said...

Congrats on the laptop! I can just imagine the kind of thing a barman hears! :)

1. genocide
2. Pepsi
3. Pink Floyd
4. telegrams
5. Nevada