Tuesday 13 December 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13-12-2016

Well … 

I’ve officially done it.

Yes … 

I’ve wrapped all my Christmas presents!

Well … 

Not all of them.

I’ve still got one or two more to do: for the office Secret Santa.

I think I can safely say I’ve just about got the wrapping paper … 

~≈®≈~
But let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Dartmouth College was founded: on 13th December, 1769.   It’s one of a group of US colleges known as the what league?
Q2) Abel Tasman reached New Zealand: on 13th December, 1642.   Which part of Australia is named after Abel Tasman?
Q3) Who was captured in Iraq: on 13th December, 2003?
Q4) 13th December, 1925, saw the birth of Dick Van Dyke.   In which TV show does he play Dr Mark Sloan?
Q5) Finally … 13th December, 1929, saw the birth of Christopher Plummer.   In which film does he quote Shakespeare … in the original Klingon … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 12th December is Constitution Day: where?
A1) Russia.
Q2) The Order of the Dragon was founded by Sigismund of Luxembourg:  on 12th December, 1408.   It mostly fought whom: the Ottoman Turks, the Russian Empire or the Byzantine Empire?
A2) The Ottoman Turks.
Q3) George 5th of the UK was named as Emperor of India: on 12th December, 1911.   The same day saw his queen named as Empress.   Who was she?
A3) Mary of Teck.
Q4) Princess Anne got married to Commander Timothy Laurence on 12th December, 1992.   Who was her first husband?
Q5) Finally … 12th December, 1745, saw the birth of John Jay: the first Chief Justice of where?
A5) The USA.
I’ll leave you with this …
“Remember the reason that Fed was created was to try to reduce the incidents of financial panics, so financial stability was the original goal of creation of the Fed. So now we sort of come full circle.”
Ben Bernanke, born 13th December, 1953.
And this … 


Have a good day … !






*        I HAVE to admit, Debbi, I’ve never found it appealing: I’m an unadventurous eater!   Took me a while to try black pudding!   (Fantastic with an orange sauce …)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Ivy League
Q2) Tasmania
Q3) Saddam Hussein
Q4) Diagnosis: Murder
Q5) Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
I keep missing days. If I log on early before you've posted the new one in the morning, I don't always catch it up later. With this coming and going I haven't really bought presents... and I'm terrible at wrapping them up anyway.

angelfrmcanada said...

1. Ivy
2. Tasmania
3. Saddam Hussein
4. Diagnosis Murder
5. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Wish I could say I was done wrapping mine. I haven't even finished shopping. LOL

Debbi said...

Blood sausage! I don't know ... :)

1. Ivy
2. Tasmania
3. Saddam Hussein
4. Diagnosis: Murder
5. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country