Thursday 29 March 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29th March, 2018.

29th March, 2018.

The joys of being a Temp worker, eh … ?


Yes: I’ve been I’m officially ill, by my supervisor: and should take time off.

Not something I like, to be frank.   As a temp?   I don’t qualify for Statutory sick pay: so will have to put in at the Job Centre to organise income.   And probably need to see my GP: or, at least, a duty doctor, to arrange a sick note.

AND try and persuade the station to give me my money back on the two remaining train tickets for this week.

Money is the heart of our capitalist system … 

And a worry, at the moment … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Olga scoring five out of five, and Debbi on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 29th March, 1871, saw Queen Victoria open the concert venue named for her husband.   Which concert venue?
Q2) The Punjab was annexed by the British Empire: on 29th March, 1849.   The Punjab is now part of two nations.   Name either one of the two …
Q3) Which notorious American killer was sentenced to death on 29th March, 1971: Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz or Charles Manson?
Q4) The Mariner 10 flew past Mercury on 29th March, 1974.   The planet is named after a messenger god from where: Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome or Ancient Egypt?
Q5) Finally … ?   29th March, 1984, saw the Baltimore Colts transfer themselves to Indianapolis.   What do the team play: Ice hockey, American football or baseball?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 28th March, 1854, saw France and Britain declare war on Russia: at the start of which war?
A1) The Crimean War.
Q2) Radioactive steam leaked into the atmosphere, on 28th March, 1979: at a Pennsylvanian nuclear reactor.   Which Pennsylvanian nuclear reactor?
A2) Three Mile Island.   (Former press officer for a nuclear power plant that he was?   Sir Terry Pratchett was being interviewed in a restaurant, and, in a brief moment of clarity, ordered three mile island dressing.   With hilarious results … )
Q3) 28th March is the feast day of Stephen Harding: venerated as a Catholic Saint.   He was one of the founders of which monastic order?
A3) The Cistercians.
Q4) 28th March, 1983, saw Ian McGregor named as head of Britain’s National … what?
A4) National Coal Board.   (If I recall things correctly, his hardline stance was a factor in the subsequent year long coal miners strike.)
Q5) Finally … Zoe Elizabeth Sugg was born on 28th March, 1990.   She’s famously known as Zoella, and a lifestyle vlogger on which site?
A5) YouTube.
Here’s an idea …
“I am not a sound bite person. I prefer to run at the mouth.”
Marina Sirtis, born 29th March, 1959.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Surprising’s not the word, I think, Olga!   Money, on the other hand … ?   Oy!

†        Oh, well, butts, Debbi: handily, there’s a song lurking …

2 comments:

Olga said...

Sorry to hear about the job and sorry not to have had the time to participate today (or the brain, to be honest).I hope they help you at the job centre. But yes, it is not good for workers (it's never good for workers).
I've spent all day trying to organize my move. I'll be leaving the UK on Friday (my stuff will stay in storage until they can organize a large enough load). They'll be coming to empty the house between Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm not sure I'll be able to connect much next week (I've booked myself into a nearby hotel, but not sure how much time I'll have, until I'm back in Barcelona).
I'll be tidying up these days but I should find some time to join in.
Have a good Easter (in the circumstances).
Take care.

Debbi said...

Oh, those little green pieces of paper, as Douglas Adams called them! :)

1. the Royal Albert Hall
2. Pakistan and India
3. Charles Manson
4. Ancient Rome
5. American football

Just as an aside, the Colts snuck out of town in the middle of the night. A move that left a bad taste in many a Baltimoreans mouth. Even after all these years!