Saturday 3 March 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3rd March, 2018.

3rd March, 2018.


Yeah … the lighting levels are low: which possibly means I need to get better bulbs.

Or just let the bulb warm up, first … !

At ANY rate … ?

It’s a work day, today.

And, given the weather?

It’s going to take a while.

More than it has the past couple of days.

Since Tuesday, we’ve had delays, and cancellations, which have added about half an hour to my journey to work.

Today … ?

Today, as has happened for the past for weeks?

We still have a bus replacement work, that allows Network Rail to do its scheduled track maintenance.

Still … !

You’d’ve thought they’d cancelled it, wouldn’t you … ?

Somewhere out there are a bunch of workmen on serious overtime.

Which doesn’t make my commute any easier …

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* putting in her answers: scoring four out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 3rd March, 1982, saw the Queen open the Barbican Centre: on London.   Its Barbican Theatre is used by which company?
Q2) The American Telephone and Telegraph Company was founded: on 3rd March, 1885.   The company was frequently referred to as what Bell?
Q3) Oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia: on 3rd March, 1938.   The type of oil drilled for is what: rude, crude or brood?
Q4) The Australia Act 1986 went into force: on 3rd March 1986.   It saw Australia become independent of where?
Q5) Finally … 3rd March, 1920, saw the birth of actor, James Doohan.   Who did he play in the original version of Star Trek?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Great Slave Auction started: on 2nd March, 1859.   It was the largest such auction held: where?
A1) The USA.
Q2) Vladimír Remek, the first astronaut from neither the US or USSR, launched on 2nd March, 1978: in Soyuz 28.   He was from which (former) nation?
Q3) Which (then) African nation declared itself a republic: on 2nd March, 1970?
A3) Rhodesia.
Q4) Moscovium was officially added to the Periodic Table: on 2nd March, 2017.   What’s Moscovium’s Atomic Number?
A4) 115.
Q5) Finally … Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli was elected pope: on 2nd March, 1939.   What name did he take, as pope?
A5) Pius 12th.
Here’s a thought …
“Until this week the one thing I knew about the Twilight saga was that it had vampires in it, which was enough to put me off. I didn’t realise it was a romantic fantasy aimed at teenage girls. Turns out it’s possible to be put off something twice before you've actually seen it.”
Charlie Brooker, born 3 March 1971.
And a tune … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day … 



*        Sorry about the points, there Olga†: I think I could’ve phrased that first question a little better!   At any rate … ?   I will: I’ll try and tweet the write up past you, as and when: the odd bit of New French Extremity does go down well, doesn’t it … ?   (Is it me, or did we have a missing American, yesterday … ?)

†        I don’t think we’ve got trees and tiles down: at least, not around here.   Ice, on the other hand … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) It was the Royal Shakespeare Company at the time but not now (I saw a performance of Hamlet there with Kenneth Branagh there years back).
Q2) Ma
Q3) Crude
Q4) The United Kingdom
Q5) Montgomery “Scotty” Scott
Not to worry. I had a funny day yesterday with matters to do with the house sale. Although I had informed everybody that I was going to be away and the future buyers know, they send me enquiries and want me to do things I should be home for. And, of course, I've sent them the paperwork I would need anyway. It is really annoying when you are prompt doing something and other people are just dragging their feet. Anyway, we shall see (the problem is that I cannot organise and plan everything if I don't know if things will go through or not.
I hope Debbi is well. I did catch up with the current The X-Files that I'd only watched the first one of (oh, and The Shape of Water).
I hope the journey is not as bad as you imagine. Here it was snowing a bit this morning and it's still icy, but let's hope it gets better, although I'm only going out for walks with the dogs.
All the best.

Debbi said...

The missing American is back! :) High winds took down our electricity! Argh!

1. the Royal Shakespeare Company
2. Ma Bell
3. crude
4. the UK
5. Scottie, aka, Montgomery Scott, Chief Engineer