Saturday 31 July 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 31-7-2021: Fatboy

31st July, 2021.


Hmmm … 

I’ve got to admit, I’ve recently update my iMac, recently: from 11.4 to 11.5.

And … ?

Wasn’t expecting to be notified of another update, quite so soon.

After all, the update — 11.5, to 11.5.1 — comes some five days after the 11.5 update.

I got notified right in the middle of doing some Blu-ray ripping: which was nice timing.

With that done … ?

The update is something I plan to do, today.

After all, Apple’s own page about the update tells it will allow an ‘application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges.’

In other words, and from what I’ve understood?   At quite a deep level of the operating system, one that could do a look of damage.

Apple also says it ‘is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.’

That sounds quite serious … 

~≈🖥≈~

I’ll happily admit, I like a movie, now and again.

Although I’ve not watched one, since seeing In Fabric, a while ago.


But I do try an keep an eye on the movie news.

I’m aware, for example, that many films will receive a hybrid release: in other words, a realise on both the big screen, and on Video On Demand services.

Something a few films have been doing: as a result of Covid.

One film that’s being aired this way?   Is the recent Marvel movie, Black Widow.

Something its star, Scarlet Johansson, isn’t happy about.

So she’s suing the relevant streaming company, Disney, for loss of earnings.

Quite which way that will go, I don’t know.

But can’t help think it will have implications.

~≈🍿≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Mum†, Debbi‡ and Edith^ putting in their answers: with Trevor, Debbi and Mum scoring five out of five, and Edith on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        31st July, 1963, saw the birth of musician, Norman Cook.   He’s also known as Fatboy … what?

Q2)        As Fatboy, Norman’s a what: DJ, bassist or sound engineer?

Q3)        He played what for the Housemartins: lead guitar, bass guitar, rhythm guitar, tambourine, drums, triangle or bongos?

Q4)        Which of Cook’s bands hat a hit with Dub Be Good to Me: The Housemartins, Beats International or Freak Power?

Q5)        Finally … ?   As Fatboy, he released Weapon of Choice in 2001.   Which Hollywood star appeared in the video for Weapon of Choice: Christopher Walken, Robert De Niro or Al Pacino?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Carmaker, Henry Ford, was born: on 30th July.   Of which year of the 1860s?
A1)        1863.

Q2)        The first vehicle he made, was the Ford what: Quadricycle, Quadruped or Quadrangle?
A2)        The Ford Quadricycle.

Q3)        His first car making company was based where: Big Rapids, Cadillac or Detroit?
A3)        Detroit.

Q4)        His Ford Motor Company made the Model T: which debuted in 1908.   According to a famous quote of Ford’s, it was “… painted any colour that [the customer] wants so long as it is … ” what: blue, pink or black?
A4)        Black.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Ford is generally agreed to be the man who popularised what: light bulbs, assembly lines or forklift trucks?
A5)        Assembly lines.
Here’s a thought … 
“I think English people were a lot better at breakdancing than they were at making records.”
Norman Cook.
And a playlist: Norman wrote, performed or produced these songs … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Funnily enough, Trevor, the betting site I quoted, yesterday, is offering 10-1 on Richard Ayoade, and  7-1 on Michaela Coel, creator of I May Destroy You.   Oh … And 16-1 on Mark Gatiss.   Blowed if I know where they got him from.
        Hang on … isn’t I Hate Suzie produced by the star?   She’s done Dr Who, already … !
        You know, Penny may have a point.   But … ?   I can’t help but think the Russell T. Davies, and Stephen Moffat eras had competent gay, and black, characters: who weren’t quite so in your face.   And Bill — Pearl Mackie — was superb!


†        Hello, Mum!

        The Omen’s quite a film to see, Debbi.   Billie Whitelaw, as the evil Nanny?   Is something else!   And the music … ?   Jerry Goldsmith got his only Oscar for that … 



^        Ohh … so today’s your birthday, Edith … ?   Happy Birthday: I hope it goes well!   And thank you: I’m glad I could help, and be a friend!   (Oh … I thought Delia Derbyshire’s version of Happy Birthday would be appreciated: she did the arrangement of the original Dr Who theme.)

5 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 Slim
A2 DJ
A3 bass guitar
A4 Beats International
A5 Christopher Walken

Happy Birthday Edith.

Not sure what video it was that you were trying to show me all I got was “! Video is unavailable “.

Agree with you on Pearl Mackie . When ever I went to Vancouver I was mostly surrounded by Lesbians. So I am used to gay people who are not in your face.

Edith Reuwer said...

1. Slim
2. DJ
3. Bass Guitar
4. Beats International
5. Walken

Thank you, Paul.

Freda said...

1 Fatboy Slim
2 DJ
3 Bass guitar

4 The Housemartins
5 Christopher Walken
5

Debbi said...

Fat Boy Slim! Now, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. :)

And here I'm wearing my Sex Pistols T-Shirt! LOL

1. Slim
2. sound engineer (that's the direction I thought about going in, when I studied music)
3. bass guitar
4. Beats International
5. Christopher Walken

I just found out that Christopher Walken was born in Astoria, Queens, NY. So was Patrick McGoohan. Wow! :)

Freda said...

1 Apocalypse Now
2 1974
3 Pharisee
4 Vermont
5 Singapore